Chapter 1- Just a Normal Day?

A/N: this is the first fanfic I've written in a hot minute, so sorry if it isn't the best. I know I can do better, but I'm kinda just throwing together ideas right now. I'm just excited to finally get back into writing something that I'm passionate about! If you find any grammar or spelling mistakes, please tell me, as those get on my nerves so much when I don't notice them. Anyways, here's your definitely not sad story 😙✌️

Peter had a normal day at school for once, and had gone on patrol after school, stopping a few minor crimes here and there. He had just swung into his window when Aunt May came to say hello, smiling at the boy as he stood there in his spidey suit.

"Hey Peter!" She said, startling him.

"Ah!" Peter yelled, flinching and turning around, "You scared me!!!"

"I do it every day! I don't know how you don't expect it at this point," she said, smiling at Peter.

"Yeah, well, you have gotten really good at it."

Aunt May smiled, going up to Peter and giving him a hug.

"What's that for?" Peter asked, returning the hug.

"I'm glad you're safe."

Peter smiled, squeezing her tighter. "Me too."

---------

"Ah shoot, I forgot to go get supplies for your birthday cookies for tomorrow!" May sighed, drying off a clean knife and sitting it on the counter, dangerously close to the edge.

"I'll go for you," Peter said, walking towards the door and grabbing his keys.

"Oh, no it's fine!" May said, smiling. "I'll just run by and get them tomorrow while you're at school. It's no big deal."

"Are you sure? I don't have anything better to do," Peter said, putting his keys down.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Now you go get some sleep," she said, giving him a side hug. "I love you!"

"I love you too, May."

---------

Peter woke up to a room full of smoke. He jumped out of bed, running to May's room without thinking. "May?!!!" Peter screamed, opening her door.

"I- Peter? What's going on?" She said, sitting up in bed. She noticed the smoke and jumped out of bed, running towards her nephew. "Are you okay?????" She said, holding Peter's face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. We just need to get outa here!"

"Right," May said, running out of the room. Peter ran ahead of her, trying to clear the way. The smell of smoke filled his lungs, making it almost impossible to breathe.

Luckily, Tony had made it so his suit retracted into a watch he wore, so he quickly put it on and heard Karen say hello.

The suit had an air filter in it, which finally allowed him to breathe.

"Peter!" A voice yelled, causing him to turn around with a start. May was far behind him, stopped by a wall of flames.

"I'm coming!!!" Pete yelled, running through the fire. He just assumed the suit was fireproof, and unfortunately, he was wrong. His skin burned at the touch, and he internally screamed at Tony for not thinking of this.

"Ah shoot, May! I can't get through!" He screamed, panicking. He heard a scream from the other side of the fire, and he yelled, "May?! What's going on?!"

"Peter!!! I can't- I'm sorry! I love you so, so much!"

"No! Don't talk like that!" Peter yelled, tears streaming down his face. "I won't let you die!!!! Karen!"

"Yes, Peter?" The AI asked with the most monotone voice possible.

"Tell Tony to come! Please!" He said, more tears streaming down his face.

"Alright, alerting Tony now," Karen said, and Peter heard a little ding, signalling that Tony was notified.

Peter tried so hard to see through his tears and the flames to get to May, but he couldn't. His aunt kept screaming his name, saying she loved him, while Peter did the same thing to her.

He heard a thump on the other side of the flames as May slipped, the clean knife on the edge of the counter impaling her stomach.

She screamed Peter's name, getting a glimpse of his face as he retracted his mask. He stood there feeling helpless until he heard a loud bang behind him.

He turned and saw Tony burst through the door, revealing his very concerned face. Peter looked Tony in the eyes, tears streaming down his face as May's screams filled his ears.

Tony immediately sprang into action, running past Peter and into the fire as his suit covered his face again. He emerged from the flames with a terrible looking May in his arms.

He blasted a hole in the walls and jumped out, followed by Peter.

Tony yelled at a citizen to call the police and ask for an ambulance, leaning May against a car with a blood and tear covered Peter.

Peter retracted his mask as he looked into May's eyes.

"H-hey May," Peter said, putting his hand on her cheek.

"Ha, hey Peter," she sighed, coughing as blood spilled out of her mouth.

"Everything's gonna be okay," he said, smiling through his tears. "I promise."

"Peter, I know that isn't true. Don't lie to me," she said, chuckling and reaching up to wipe Peter's tears. "Hey, baby, it'll be okay. You're so much stronger than you know. I'm so proud of you."

Peter smiled, placing his hand over hers. "I love you so much, May. Thank you for everything."

"I love you too," she said, taking her final breath.

"May?" Peter said, feeling her hand start to fall from his face. He grabbed it, yelling, "May?! No, not now! Please! Don't leave me!" He yelled through his tears.

He crouched over her lifeless body, her hand still in his. The crowds were silent around them, the only noise being Peter's sobs and the distant sounds of ambulances and firetrucks.

Tony walked up beside Peter, not knowing what to do or say. Tears poured down his face, but he couldn't find words. He decided to crouching beside the kid and place a comforting hand on his back, which was surprisingly responded to with a hug.

Peter cried into Tony's t-shirt, letting go of May's hand.

"Shhhh, I know, I know. I'm here," Tony said, trying to comfort the kid.

The police finally arrived to the scene, taking in what was in front of them. Two superheroes crying over a dead woman's body wasn't something you saw every day, and it definitely wasn't something you knew how to react to.

The firefighters got to work and eventually were able to put out the fire, but that couldn't erase the damage that was done. Peter's entire life was burnt to a crisp, and he had nobody left. He was hanging onto Tony with his life.

A/N: ahhhh sorry I didn't know how to end this one! I'm just excited to be back into writing and just getting my ideas down. I know it's kinda basic to kill May, but I didn't know what else to do and I just felt like killing a character off right at the start. I'll see y'all next chapter where Peter may or may not start to spiral outa control!

1206 words 😙✌️