Chapter 1 - Bad News

Sapphire's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF SAPPHIRE ON THE SIDE

     "You're father and I are going to Paris for a whole year," said my mom. Sadness crept onto her face as she watched my brother and I drop our mouths in shock and stare at them; eyes-wide.

     "W-What?" asked my brother and I at the same time.

     "We're going to Paris for a whole year," slowly said my father as if we were little kids. I sighed and leaned back into the couch.

     "So...you're going to miss the holidays, plus our Graduation," I mutter to myself, "great." I look up at my mom and dad and saw them looking at me with pain and regret.

     "Where are we going to stay?" asked my brother.

     "Well...you see, um, Logan's parents, along with Ethan's, and Ian's, are also going to join us, so you'll be staying with the other three in Ian's house," said my father, looking anywhere but us. I groaned and stood up from the couch.

     "You've got to be kidding me!" I shouted. The maids and servants flinched at the tone of my voice, I looked over at them with a 'sorry' look while they just smiled and shook their heads.

     "What? The five are you are inseparable, so why does it matter?" confusedly asked my mother. I sighed and looked over at her.

     "Ma, I'm a girl. I need my privacy. Those dickheads don't even know what privacy means, no offense bro'," I said. My brother looked up at me with a grin and chuckled.

     "Sapphire!" chuckled my mother, obviously trying hard not to laugh, but failing miserably.

     "You know it's true Ma," I said. My dad's laughter echoed throughout the house along with my mother's giggle.

     "Okay, okay, say you're right, but we're really sorry, we love you kids, but we need our space away from you kids, too many years with you kids is just too much," joked my father.

     "Aw dad, it's nice to know you care for us lot so much," I sarcastically said.

     "Alright, alright, well, since tomorrow is the first day of school and it is," said my father once he was able to stop laughing, he checked his watch before he answered us, "six thirty and you guys still need to pack your stuff, plus dinner will be ready in two hours, go on up and get started."

     My brother and I looked at each other and smiled before we bolted down the hallway and up the stairs. Once we reached our rooms we grinned and shouted, "Senior Year!" before we high-fived each other. Although our house was a huge mansion, I was still able to listen to my mother and father's laughter floating from downstairs.

     Once I reached in my room, I looked under my bed and pulled out my suitcase. I sighed and began packing my clothes first. Although I'm totally a Daddy's girl, and my brother was a Mama's boy, I was really going to miss my parents. Yes, I know, that's not what a bad ass would usually say, but hey, I'm not cold hearted....much. I only hate people, with the exception of my family, the guys, and their family, is because everyone annoyed the hell out of me. Especially the girls in my school. All they do is gossip and go behind their 'best friend/friends' backs, who the hell does that? I knew certainly that if one of the guys did that to me, I would've kicked them somewhere it hurt the most. The guys in my school just liked to drool over me, but feared me at the same time; well except my guys. I mean I know that I'm pretty, but the girls at my school are way better looking than me, not to sound weird. I was simply 5'8, average height I guess you could say. I have dark brown hair with striking blue eyes. Like, no lie, my eyes were like freaking bright, an electric blue almost. I had curves in all the right places, but I didn't care about that. I don't date. If I did, my brother would kill me, then kill the guy who had the balls to ask me out.