Chapter 4

Ash and Goh woke up the next morning surprised to see Serena already awake and baking something in the kitchen. Goh leaves the bedroom faster and heads towards the kitchen where Serena had baked some delicious pokepuffs.

"Ta-da" said Serena with excitement.

"Oh, wow it smells nice" Goh said with a grin.

Goh then picked one and tasted it.

"OH MY THESE THINGS TASTE GOOD" scram Goh in excitement.

Serena giggled and said thank you.

Ash was standing behind the door and was a little annoyed with the interaction Goh had with Serena. He then went towards the kitchen like if he heard nothing. He quietly ate breakfast but before he could leave...

"Ash are you ok?"

He heard Serena ask if there was something wrong which he then only smiled at her but didn't say anything in response.

"I'm going to go train with Pikachu and the others, Ill be back later"

He then left leaving Goh and Serena looking at each other with worry. Serena then looked at Ash and hoped that she hadn't done anything to make him feel bad. Goh saw Serena feeling a little bad which made him want to help them both.

"Ill talk to him, don't worry" Goh said as he left the room and starting to chase after Ash.

Sylveon wrapped her feelers around Serena's arm to make her feel better. Serena put up a fake smile and told her pokémon to get ready for practicing because she can't stop trying to get stronger. She then looked at the direction Ash and Goh had gone and hoped that nothing bad happened between them so fast.

~~ 20 minutes later~~

Ash was at the battle arena but had not taken out a pokémon yet. He was thinking on what he was feeling and trying to understand why he felt so... jealous. He just wanted to go back to being his optimistic self, but he definitely couldn't ignore those feelings.

"Why do I feel so weird around her"

"What are these feelings, why do I feel jealous when someone talks to her"

"I have travelled with other girls before but I never had this issue with them so what makes Serena so different?"

"What did that kiss at the airport mean?"

Ash started to rub his head trying to understand what he was feeling. "My head hurts".

His yellow friend looked at Ash with worry, but Ash assured him that he was ok, and he was just thinking about a lot of things.

He then turned to see a confused Goh.

"Ash are you ok, it's not like you to leave without saying anything" said Goh with a worried look.

"I'm fine Goh, I just have a lot of things on my mind." Ash said looking down.

"Then let me help you please" said Goh "I'm your friend and I want to help you when you are not feeling well."

"Fine... It's about Serena..."

"Oh, what about her?" Goh asked as he sat down next to his friend.

"I am not sure; I just feel different when she's near and I can't get a grasp on what that feeling is"

Ash stared at the pokecenter that was further away.

"I get a weird feeling when she smiles or says she's happy and I don't know why."

"And when I saw you two talking last night, I felt jealous."

Goh realized what this was about.

"I'm so sorry Goh, I just don't know what I'm feeling at the moment."

"You do not need to be sorry Ash, its normal for you to feel this way and the reason for that is... you have a small crush on Serena."

Ash's eyes widened at that realization.

"And last night was absolutely nothing, I was just trying to help her out because she is important to you and she was feeling a little sad, like you were just now."

"Ash you are a good friend and Ill support you and Serena all I can" Goh said with a determined smile.

"And like you two always seem to say, never give up till it's over right!" Goh said with a grin.

"You are right Goh; I can't give up now and I never will!" Ash said standing up with his fist high.

"There we go, he is finally back to normal" Goh thought to himself.

"C'mon Serena is probably worried about you" Goh said as the boys ran back to the pokecenter.