Chapter 56. Detention with Umbridge ☾

A/N: So I am stoping myself from screaming because I have freaking 90K views... and really when I wrote the book I thought it would be more like maximum 10K views, but thank you all for so much support and love. Well I'm done with my rant so you can all continue... :)

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

Harry stomped out of the classroom after his first DADA class of the year. Great, he had somehow got detention with Umbridge, again! Why could he not just control his anger? Hermione rushed out to meet him.

"Harry! Oh, Harry! You can't let her do this to you this time! What she does is awful! It's terrible! It's torture!" Hermione squealed in rage. Draco turned and faced Hermione.

"What did she do? I mean, I heard she gave lines last time." He said nonchalantly.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Of course, she had them doing lines...with a blood quill."

Draco's eyes widened. "You can't let her do that to you, Harry. It's illegal!"

Harry nodded in understanding.

"I know, and it will lead to a lifetime sentence to Azkaban if we play our cards right, Dray." Harry explained.

Draco smirked. "Are you sure you aren't meant for Slytherin?"

Hermione hit him upside the head. "No, he's too much of a self-sacrificing Gryffindor. No self-preservation at all."

Draco laughed. "Isn't that supposed to be my line?"

Hermione smiled. "Promise you will tell one of your godfathers about it." She pleaded.

Harry smirked.

"Did you really think I'm a masochist? Of course, I'm going to tell my godfathers. They'll have their fun, I'm sure, and then when Sirius is free, he can go and press charges."

Hermione's smile broadened. "Brilliant!"

Draco laughed.

"Never thought I'd see the day Hermione Granger was left almost speechless." He turned to Harry. "Nor did I think I would see the day Potter thought before he leapt."

Harry sighed. "It had to happen at some point, Ferret."

"Yeah, but I thought it would take another lifetime or two."

Harry lunged playfully at his friend. Draco, for his part, darted back and forth. Soon, all of Hogwarts was privy to the wrestling match of the century. Harry, with his seeker-like reflexes, reigned supreme; though Draco gave him a run for his money.

That night, the gaiety of the afternoon was lost as Harry began his trek down to Umbridge's office. Hermione and Draco agreed to go with him, and then keep Dragon out of trouble for a while. Harry braced himself for a long night.

When they got to their destination, Hermione placed a hand on Harry's upper arm.

"Keep your head down. Do not encourage her. Do not fight with her. Let her win for now. Remember, she has what's coming to her."

Harry smiled. "Of course, 'Mione." He knocked on the door. Draco and Hermione stood behind him as the toad answered.

"Ahh, Mister Potter. How nice of you to arrive on time. Miss Granger, Mister Malfoy, I do not believe I gave you detention. You are to go back to your common room now, before I give you each one for being out after curfew." Umbridge threatened. Draco turned red in anger.