Peace In Your Land

Before the captivity of Israel and the destruction of Jerusalem, the children of Israel were repeatedly warned to get rid of their idols and return to God. If they did not, the nation would be destroyed and many of them would be dispersed into the Gentile nations. The Lord told them if they s worshipped and served Him only, they would have peace in the land. They did not heed God's warnings and as a result, Israel and Judah were destroyed. Many died by the sword, famine and disease. Some were taken captive and dispersed. Only a small remnant remained, but the land was desolate.

Scripture says that these things were written for our examples. Not only does the Word of God encourage us, it warns us by these examples. If the land in which you reside lacks peace, is it the result of idols in your heart? Are there things that have come between you and God?

Our households should be sanctuaries of peace. Places of rest. Safe havens for all who live there and those who visit. Homes are houses where contentment resides.

The moment an idol is allowed in the house, contentment flees. With it, there is no peace in the heart nor rest for the soul.

Colossians 2:9-10 For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And you are complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power. When we realize we are complete in Christ Jesus alone, it will be easier to rid ourselves of idols. Without being aware of it, a person can slip into covetousness which is idolatry (Colossians 3:5) by focusing on the things of the world.

The spirit of the world always cries out, “It is not enough! Jesus is not enough!”

Perhaps, materialism is not the hangup. It might be the desire for the approval of man which can lead for an appetite for things. Meaning that a person may pursue things in order to find approval and admiration. With that can come the the quest for power because of the prestige attached to it. The world tends to gravitate to people with power.

Do you like to impress people? If so, why? Is that the same thing as the desire to be worshipped?

Sometimes the need for approval stems from a wound caused by rejection. Rejection can leave a big hole in a person's heart. Ironically, the more you try to fill that hole with anything other than God, the bigger it gets. As long as you chase after man's approval, peace will elude you. Is not the love of God enough?

The Father's love crushes rejection if you receive it. In His love is perfect peace.

Chasing approval may reveal what you don't believe. Specifically, that God loves you. You may not believe the Father loves you because you equate Him with those who rejected you. Especially, those who were supposed to love you. For those of you who have trouble in this area, it is time to believe. God is an ever loving Father, and is unlike anyone on the earth. If He did not love you, He would have never made a way for you to come into a relationship with Him by grace through faith.

The Father desires a unique relationship with you.

Mark 4:18-19 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. Of course, the issue for some might be they buying into the cares of the world, the deceitfulness of riches and the lust of other things. If that is you, it is time to repent. No matter how much you obtain, it will never be enough. That's the way lust operates. It will constantly cry, “You need more!” As long as you believe that lie and embrace it, you will not have peace in your land.

www.perfectfaith.org

The Perfect Faith Podcast / iTunes / Stitcher