【Job proposition】𝙆. 𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙠𝙞

"You have an illness, and illnesses must be cured

"You have an illness, and illnesses must be cured."

Contains a manga character that has yet to be announced in the show as well as spoilers about said character. If you've read chapter 297, or just don't care, then without further ado. Thanks for reading! <3

~

"Y/N, the boss needs you," Geto said. 

"Doesn't she always?" You sighed and pushed your chair back from your desk before standing up. Picking up the stack of papers laying haphazardly, you opened the door and left your coworker standing there. As you walked down the hallway you grew anxious. What could the boss want with you? For some reason, this arrangement felt different than when you would be invited to dine with her, it felt... more personal...almost. 

This was your quirk, you had this "sixth sense" some called it. You could feel when something was off, it was super useless for the most part because you could never pin down what was going wrong but man at least you could feel it! 

Before long you were face to face with the door (of doom?) With slight hesitation, you lifted your shaking hand to the door, gently knocking two times before hearing a sharp "Come in." Immediately pushing the door open, you walked in. Hey, if you were going to get fired, might as well be confident. 

"Oh, those were the papers I had you go through...Yes thank you for doing that, and so quickly," she smiled. "Just place them there, please?" She gestured to the left corner of her desk.

"Yes ma'am," you obeyed and looked her in the eyes. "May I ask what you called me in here for?" 

"Right, yes, of course. Damn it, how do I phrase this..." She cursed under her breath before sighing deeply. "Y/N, you've been a phenomenal worker, you all have, but I must regret to inform you that I must let you all go." And there it was.

"Yes, I understand, Lady Nagant," you forced a smile. 

"No, Y/N...You don't understand, I don't want to have to do this..." She sighed again and rubbed her face before continuing: "I'm closing my agency. For...personal matters, it has nothing to do with you or anyone else. I just felt, considering how close we are, It was only right to tell you in person instead of over a tacky email." Her voice was strained, bags lined her eyes, how could you not see this before? 

"Ma'am...I understand." You pushed the tears threatening to fall back into your eyes. "Will we still stay in touch?" 

"Yes of course, I wouldn't have it any other way," she smiled. "Now, I'd like you to meet me tonight at our usual spot,  I might just have another job for you."