Some Time Together

~Augustus's Point of View~

When He went I sat down on my windowsill and got my favourite book out and read, When I looked up I saw him standing there with the plate of cake and staring at me

'Why are you staring. Admiring the view?' I pulled down my glasses to the edge of my nose. I was clearly on about the view behind me. The sunset and the hills and the trees it was beautiful.

"I am" He came over to me and layed the plate down next to me "You are beautiful after all"

My eyes widened. ' What the hell were you thinking?! I was on about the view behind me?!'

He looked at me more closely "I was saying the truth August. You are beautiful, so is the view but you... Especially on that background"

I had went speechless. I could feel the blush creeping up onto my face. I we were enemies. We were meant to fight to the death but here we are now. Prince Hunter flirting with me, his enemy. 'Chocolate Cake! Mmmmm. Give it here!'

"You changed the subject fast" He smiled and slid the plate to you

'I was just hungry, OK? I've had a very long day.' I go back to reading my book and eating my cake ignoring everything around me.

He kept on looking at you with a smile "Your eyes are such a beautiful shade of blue, did you know that?"

I smirked and continued with my book. The book was more interesting anyways

"A mix between gray but also an Atlantic blue"

I nodded slowly. Not really paying attention to what compliments the other Prince gave me.

"August are you listening?"

'Nope. The book is more interesting.

"What could be more interesting than me?"

'A fish drowning would be more interesting than you.'

"Are you sure? From  earlier I can tell that you like being flustered, that is because you turn bright red"

'Shut up.'

"What if I don't?"

He had finally caught my attention. I placed my book down and stared at him. 'Well if you don't...' I edged closer towards the Prince, ' I'll.....' I peered in closer till I faces were inches apart, 'take your crown again.' I smirked then went back to reading my book.

"You should've stayed closer August"

' You smelled funny.'

"If I wasn't wearing rags I would be vanilla scented"

'Mhm.' All of my attention was on the book again and I wasn't listening. His voice was getting quite annoying and regret has never hit me harder than it has done before. If only I won that damn fight I wouldn't be in this situation.

"I have a question August"

'What is it?'

"Where will I sleep?"

'hmmmmm.... The floor!'

"I can't sleep on the floor, I'm a Prince"

'Stop your whining. It's either the floor or this windowsill. Thats it.'

"Neither is going to do"

'God you are so picky. Sleep with the dogs then'

"I am not sleeping with the mutts or on the floor"

'Fine. You sleep in this room and I'll go in a spare. This room is fit for a Prince isn't it?'

"No, the only room fit for me is a one that has you in it"