000

PROLOGUE.

Esme Natalia Barton is okay.

She wasn't okay when she was raised as an assassin, trained to kill ruthlessly. Her mom, killed right after Esme's birth, had fae-like powers that passed down to her child. Si je Her dad was the best assassin in all of Hydra. The girl could count on one hand the number of times he had shown emotions and on two hands, the times she had seen him. She was a child bred to be a weapon. An unnamed child, only a number: 001. But she's okay now.

She wasn't okay in the first months after being rescued from Hydra by SHIELD. A whole new house, a new family: the Bartons. But now, after 5 years, she's okay.

She wasn't okay when the boy she may or may not have had a crush on started ignoring her. Lucas Stark, the boy she told all her secrets to. The boy she trusted with her heart and the one who broke it. The one she hadn't heard from for 3 years. Sure, she saw him on TV. She saw his countless new girlfriends. But its been 3 years now and she is over him. Esme Natalia Barton is okay now.

Or she thought she was until her ex-crush showed up at her house with her dad and his team of superheroes.

DISCLAMER
I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING FROM THE MCU! I ONLY OWN MY OCS AND THEIR BACKSTORY.

warnings:
this story will contain swearing, fighting and other things. i will put a warning at the start of a chapter if there is anything else.

author's note
hi!! thank you for reading this. this is my first book and any constructive criticism is welcome! also my first language isn't English, so if you see any mistakes please point them out. hope you enjoy this book!

June 16th 2021
Edited: May 4th 2022