SA: 1

Chicago, Illinois
February 12th

Walking into my shop I smiled, seeing how busy it was. It was like this on a daily basis but, I could never get used to it. This was honestly one of my greatest accomplishments and I'm glad my man helped me. I was bringing in at least a thousand dollars each week, which covered the finances to keep the shop up and running. I was good with my money so I would put some of the it up for my kids. Yes my kids, plural. I ended up getting pregnant two months after my twentieth birthday and nine months later I had my son Zion Ced Abadi.

He was just like his brother Josiah. They acted just like their father and it was heart-warming to see how they were attached to him. They love me but, they love their dad to the fullest. Now, that Skylar was a complete handful. Even though our kids are well articulate, behaved and respectful it didn't stop them from acting like spoiled brats. They all got the same treatment however, Skylar was the biggest brat of them all. If she didn't get what she wanted she would throw the biggest fit. If I would tell her no to something she would ask her dad, knowing he'll say yes. Skylar was very smart and she knew her father was the sucker for them.

Her birthday was coming up and she will be turning six. We didn't know what we would be doing for her as of yet but we would figure something out.

"Good afternoon, everybody" I said to all my coworkers who were the best of the best. They came from all over the world. When I first opened up my shop and announced it there were a lot of females and males willing to work with me. I was very protective of my space and business. I checked each persons page one by one just to see how they presented themselves and some people didn't make it, others did.

"Hey baby where the kids?" Jason, one of my stylist asked. He was the clown in the shop, which is something I didn't mind I like being able to work and have fun it made people more comfortable. He was also bisexual.

"I don't get a how was your day Amora, did you enjoy your vacation" I said, laughing. Everytime I came to work these people would never ask how my day went or anything they asked for the kids.

"Girl you know he don't be caring bout nothing but those kids" Miracle said. She was my youngest worker and she was a beast at braiding hair. She's originally from Florida but moved to Chicago when I presented her with this opportunity.

"And your peanut head ass don't" I shook my head while locking my things up in my office, laughing when I could hear them going back and forth. I enjoyed my job it was like my second home. "Bobble head bitch" he said, making customers laugh. Miracle looked at him and sticked out her tongue. The bell rung, indicating somebody had walked through the door making me look up from my phone. Ezekiel and the kids stood at the desk where Alaina sat to make sure anybody that walked through those doors had an actual appointment. She knew that he was my boyfriend and those were my kids so she let them through.

The shop got quiet as usual whenever ice would come making me laugh. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me on the lips.

"I'm bout to go to work Skylar got homework don't let her tell you she don't and I packed Zion some snacks" he handed me Zions bag. "Why you not doing nothing" I smiled up at him.

"My client should be here in the next fifteen minutes why you looking all fine in yo work clothes" I looked around to see people looking they went back to what they were doing once I looked at them.

"I wouldn't be me if I didn't look fine" I shook my head and looked at my kids who were too engaged in their tablets to even acknowledge me.

"Uh y'all don't see me standing right here" Ice laughed and kissed me on the lips again.

"I'm bout to head out baby I'll see you later" I nodded my head and watched as he left. "Y'all have a good day" he said.

"You too" everyone replied, respectfully. They all thought ice was a fine man but they would never disrespect their relationship. "no disrespect but chile that man is fine Amora where you found him" Jason asked.

"Jason you gon stop calling my man fine" I laughed and he swatted his hand, looking at Skylar.

"Skylar girl I know you see me standing over here you not gonna say hi" she looked up from her tablet and smiled, showing her white teeth. She walked over to him and gave him a hug leaving him with a big smile on his face. He genuinely cared for my kids and I thought it was cute.

"Mommy this boy at school keeps calling me cute but I, I told him my daddy said boys have cooties" I picked up Zion and grabbed her hand, bringing them to my office. "and—and he said he don't care that's when I yelled at him cause he was being mean" I looked down at her and laughed because she looked mad. Her arms were crossed and she had a mug on her face.

"Be nice baby, everybody won't be nice but that doesn't mean you be mean in return, okay" I sat Zion down as she un-crossed her arms and sat in my chair that was in front of my computer.

"Okay" she said, softly. She pulled out her homework without me having to tell her, making me smile. I pulled out Zions snacks and passed it to him.

"that one" he pointed to his gummy snacks and I passed it to him. These were the moments I lived for my kids mean everything to me and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ice and Amora back and shit about to get crazy you hear me? I'm gon hit y'all with the drama right away so don't be shocked when shit start to go down😈.

5 comments for next chapter.