Part 5

It's been four days since movie night and Bucky has yet to step into the diner. A part of you didn't care, especially with how he treated you that night. He was his own person, he could do whatever he wanted.

Another part of you, slightly bigger than the other part, was upset and confused. Upset that he hasn't showed up at all. Confused as to why you're upset. You didn't like him. You were just friends and yet...when you thought about that lipstick mark on his neck, your heart dropped to your stomach.

"Can I have a corner booth please?" Speak of the devil.

You peeked out from the kitchen to see that Bucky has finally made an appearance, but he wasn't alone. His arm was wrapped around a leggy blonde who looked like she just stepped off the Victoria Secret Fashion Show runway.

You carefully watched as Peter led them to one of the circular corner booths. Both persons sliding in to end up in the middle, giggling to each other. You wanted to vomit.

Bucky looks up from the menu and says something to Peter, to which you see Peter awkwardly nod and make his way towards you. You dodge back into the kitchen, leaning against the fridge.

"Uh, Y/N? The guy at table ten wants you to be their server."

"Ye-Yeah. Alright." once he leaves, you close your eyes for a moment and take a deep breath.

"Hey, boss," you look at Scott and Luis, who're looking at you with concern, "You okay?"

You give them a polite smile and nod, "Yeah. Just a headache is all. Don't worry," you wave off their concern and move towards the door. You let out a deep breath, "Be professional, Y/N." you hold your head high, straighten your shoulder and march out to the dining floor. It's go time.

_______________

Bucky knew you were coming this way. He kept subtly glancing up as he pretended to read the menu. He already knew what he was going to get. But he decided to look at the menu, for performance's sake.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"I'll have a strawberry milkshake," Bucky mumbles, eyes not moving from the menu, "Dot?"

"Bucky, a milkshake is way too sweet."

He smirks and leans in, murmuring in her ear, but loud enough for you to hear, "Not as sweet as you, babydoll."

Dot lets out the most annoying giggle you've ever heard and then looks at you with a determined look in her eyes, "Do you have anything with no sugars or carbs?"

"Water," you say with a shrug and dead panned expression.

Bucky holds his menu you up higher, but unbeknownst to you, it's to hide his grin. Dot huffs, "Fine. Water, with light ice."

"Right away," you mumbled turned on your heel, marching away with a huff.

Bucky's eyes wandered towards you for a moment, but was immediately taken away by Dot, "So, Bucky. It's been a while since we've played. What made you decide to call me up on Friday, especially with it being movie night and all."

He sighs, "Just had a lot on my mind. Needed some relief," he gives that smirk that he knows make women swoon, "And you're just the person who could help me."

He continues to put on this facade, like Dot was the only woman that he wanted. But he was conflicted. During the short time, Bucky was away from the diner, he missed you like crazy. He immediately wanted to apologize for being such a dick to you that night, but he was scared. Yeah. Big Buck, one of the most feared mobsters in New York, was scared.

He's never felt this way towards anyone. Sure, he's only known you for a short while, but he couldn't help it. You were strong, resilient, smart, funny, beautiful, witty, sexy. You were the perfect package. And Bucky? He was chubby, dangerous, mean, sketchy, cruel, horrific...he was a monster. Not to mention the fact that he's never made you laugh or smile the way that Sam and Bucky did. You deserve someone like them. Not him.

So yeah. He got insecure. He got jealous. He called Dot as soon as the movie ended for a quickie in the alley behind the theater because he needed to get his frustrations out. And yeah, he was a dick to you afterwards. But he regrets it. Because he saw how much it hurt you and he hates himself that he was the one to make you close up like that.

God, and what was he thinking bringing Dot to your diner? This was his safe haven! This was a mistake. One big, giant mistake. He wishes he could take it all back!

"Bucky," Dot pulls him out of his thoughts.

He looks up and sees you staring at him expectantly, "Huh?"

"Did you want your usual, sir?"

He internally winces by how formal you are with him, "Yeah. Thanks."

You make yourself quick to leave to put in their orders. Bucky really wishes he didn't bring Dot along. That way, he would've been able to talk to you.

_________________________

Bucky goes on with his performance of being the smooth and flirtatious mobster. He's fighting hard not to let his eyes wander to you as you interact with your other patrons. He loves to watch you work because you're in your element, serving people and getting to know them.

He watches as you go to the cash register to put in the money from the bills you've picked up.

"Lemme go to the little girl's room and we could leave, okay?" Dot says with a kiss to Bucky's cheek and she's sauntering towards the restroom.

Bucky takes this chance a he slides out of the booth and over to the counter where you're handling money. He nervously slides a hand down his suit and clears his throat, "Hey."

"Hi," you mumble, counting out change for the customers.

"Can we talk?" he asks apprehensively.

"I'm busy," you grumble with disinterest and Bucky knows he deserves this attitude from you.

"Listen, about Friday night-"

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, Bucky. I don't really care," you say with a clear, cut tone.

Bucky's shoulder sag, "Sweet cheeks, please, I'm really-"

"Ready to go!" Dot say enthusiastically as she latches onto Bucky's arm once more.

He puts on the act again, "Okay, baby. Lemme just pay and we'll get outta here." he pulls out a hundred dollar bill and slides it over to you, "Keep the change."

You finally look up at him with a questioning look, "Are you sure?"

The corners of his mouth lift up into a miniscule smile, "Yeah. I'm sure."

You take the bill, "Thanks."

"No problem. See you soon," he says and stuffs his hands into his pockets. Him and Dot walk out the door and you finally let yourself breathe. You felt your eyes beginning to water and you let out a sob.

"Woah, Miss Y/N? You okay?" Peter asks as he sets a reassuring hand on your shoulder.

You shake your head, "I'm not. Sorry, Pete, but can you take care of these bills for me? They just needed to be handed back. Tables 2 and 8."

"Yeah. Yeah. Of course." he takes the bills and hesitantly leaves your side. You then rush to the back where the employee lockers are. You collapse into a chair and you let out a long sob.

You've been fighting these feelings for weeks now. You didn't want to admit, but looks like you have to now.

You have feelings for Bucky Barnes.