sixteen

╮cheap shots╰

╮cheap shots╰

"Hey, Bombay," Carson grinned as she and Charlie ran into Bombay's office, elbowing each other to get to his deck first. He looked up at them expectantly with raised eyebrows and twirled his pen in his fingers. Carson smiled as she swayed from side to side before turning to Charlie. She poked his sides and pointed between him and Bombay as she tilted her head towards their coach. Bombay smiled at them and looked back down at his work. "You tell him, Charlie!" she whispered loudly as she resorted to slapping his upper arm with both hands.

"Okay okay, I'll tell him. Stop hitting me," Charlie said as he swatted Carson's hands away and lightly rolled his eyes. "Coach, we know with Banks out, we got a roster spot open."

"Yeah?" Bombay asked as he looked back up at them and slightly pushed the work away from him. He softly laughed at them when Carson stopped to hit Charlie's arm with one hand and reached up to grab his cheeks with the other hand. Charlie stuck his tongue out to lick Carson's hand and pushed her other arm away when she started to hit him harder. Carson finally pulled her arms away and threw them around his neck. She pressed her cheek against his and both of them looked at Bombay.

"We've been thinking long and hard and came up with the most brilliant idea ever!" Carson mumbled through her pressed cheek. Charlie pushed her head away with his and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. He crossed his legs as he leaned against him and put his other hand on his hip.

"And what's this brilliant idea that the two of you have managed to come up with?" Bombay asked and folded his hands under his chin and leaned forward. Carson patted Charlie's cheek and tilted her head toward Bombay and incoherently mumbled.

"Shut up," Charlie said and lightly smacked Carson's cheek. Carson jerked her head away and shoved him. "You know how I always told you I'd make a better coach than a player?" he asked and pulled away from Carson to lean against Bombay's desk. "I did some scouting for us."

Carson quickly ran to the door and pushed it open. She looked around before spotting Russ and waving him over. She stepped outside and held the door open to let Russ in and quickly walked back over to stand beside Charlie after shutting the door.

"Russ Tyler, Coach Bombay," Charlie introduced as he walked over to stand beside Russ.

"Hiya, Coach!" Russ said with a wide smile.

"Russ Tyler, huh?" Bombay asked and laughed as recognition slowly washed over him. "Well, Russ, what can you do for the team?"