Chapter 8: Genevieve

I stroll through the park, the soft sunshine warming my face. I speed up to a jog, my feet pounding into the pavement below me. With my music in my ears, life is perfect. I quicken my pace to a sprint as sweat drips down my face. I don't slow down until my phone beeps at me. I slow to a stop and take a seat on the nearby bench, pulling my phone out to see who texted. My breathing is heavy as I open my phone.

Londyn sent a good morning message!

"Heyy girl hey!"

"Hey!"

"Whatcha doing?"

"Just finished up a run. You?"

"Procrastinating my science hw ^_^"

"😂😂😂 Do you need help?"

"Na I've got it. Thx tho"

"Always!"

A shadow falls over me, and I look up, a grin filling my face. Bridger returns the smile, and settles down next to me.

"Hi."

"Hi."

I tuck some hair behind my ear. I must look like a mess!

"Glad I caught you. You're really fast."

"Oh?" Now that I think about it, he's sweaty and out of breath.

"You didn't notice me chasing behind you?"

"No. What did you want?"

He flinches, and I wince. That sounded totally rude.

"Sorry..."

"No, no. It's my fault. I should've known you weren't interested."

"Interested in what?"

"Nothing. I'll leave you alone now."

He stands and starts racing away. "Wait! Bridger! Stop!"

He only speeds up, leaving me in his dust. I lean back against the bench, tears pricking my eyes. I swipe them away and pull up Takes 3 2 Spill the Beans.

"Plan Dance with Bridger is a no go."

Lizzie's the first to respond.

"No! Why?!"

"He might've just gotten the vibe that I'm not interested."

Londyn hops on.

"Oh no! That's terrible! What happened?"

I relay the whole conversation, tears falling fast down my cheeks.

"😢😢😢 do u need me to bring ice cream?"

"Uh huh."

"Kk! I'm on my way!"

I pick myself up off the bench and stumble my way to my house. Lizzie is already standing on my doorstep, and rushes over to hug me.

"I've got the ice cream!"

Londyn walks up behind her, and joins the hug.

"And I've got the positivity and movies!"

"Thanks girlys. This really means a lot to me."

"Always."

"And forever."

"Because we are friends forever."

"That's cute, but why are you all standing hugging, and WHY IS GEN CRYING?!"

Max runs over to join the hug.

"Basically Bridger thinks she's not interested in her."

"No! Why would he ever think that?"

Londyn fills him in, with Lizzie popping in every once in a while to fix something. I just dry my tears, and watch Max's face as he learns. His facial expressions are the best!

"Well then, now that everyone's caught up, shall we go watch the movie and eat some ice cream?"

"Yeah!"

We all bounce inside and Lizzie makes sure I just sit on the couch beside her while Londyn gets the movie set up and Max dishes up the ice cream. She pulls out her phone and shows me all the positive messages she found.

"This ones my favorite, 'You'll have good days, bad days, overwhelming days, too tired days, I'm awesome days, I can't go on days. And every day you'll still show up."'

"Thanks Lizzie. That's perfect."

Her face lights up at this compliment and she wraps me up in a warm hug. Then Max hands me my ice cream and Londyn starts the movie.

As the opening credits play, Lia walks in with Liam.

"Ooh! Are we watching a movie?!"

"You bet we are!"

"Can we join?"

"Well Max did so I don't see why you guys can't!"

She grins, and they settle down on the couch together. Liam sets his arm around Lia as they watch and Lia snuggles in closer sending him the cutest look in the world. They are just adorable!

***

The movie was great, but the company was even better. As I fall asleep, a thought comes to me. I'm so blessed to call these people my friends and family.

<3 Emmie and Raven