Prologue

"Why can you tell me a day before? I mean you never listen to us! Never ever in your whole life!" She screeched again smacking her hand on her head, pacing across the small untidy room in stress.

"But I have to, okay?" I shot back, rolling my eyes. I went to my so called closet with no clothes. Why? a.) I am way too lazy to set my own clothes. (b.) I said so I'm too lazy. I won't explain.

"You just can't come to me throwing your bag on the floor... yeah you pick up the bag from the floor!" Her voice rose on the last three words as she traipsed towards me.

Well hey, I am Ryan Singhania and she is my mom; Ryan ki mummy Singhania. She is helping me to pack because I am leaving Delhi to Ladakh in 30 minutes from now. P.S. with my Laila.

Must be wondering who Laila is? No! She isn't my girlfriend for God's sake. She is the love of my life, everything. She is the Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350, pronounced more as: bullt.

If it wasn't for my once in a lifetime chance, I would have heard her wailing in her scarf and on my shoulder. However, not toady because for the very first time I am going to fulfill my dream, my dream to take Laila to Ladakh.

"You can't even pick yourself, Ryan. Don't even ask why because you know!" she said and moved herself to give some space as to let me go to my clothe less closet.

"I will be back in 10 days, Maa!" I said and threw the last things I want in my back pack. My mobile charger was all in place so yea, I'm almost done by now. "You just don't worry about me." I smiled a little.

"Okay. Fine! I can't stop you; you're just like your dad! Go now before I change my mind." She huffed and sat on bed looking away. I pouted and moved to her. I hung my arms around her shoulders, hugging her from behind.

"Maa, I'll be safe. I will drive slow and enjoy there. You know I always wanted to go with Laila, right?" Her eyes momentarily went wide at the mention of my bike, but relaxed as soon as she realized that she is NOT MY GIRLFRIEND.

"Okay, but one condition. You have to be back in 10 days only and call me every day! You don't know how hard it will be for me to see you out of sight." Her voice trembled in the end. I grabbed her chin and urged her to face me. Her eyes were shining as she was about to release those hidden Niagara Falls behind her eyes. I know she is sad but I am legal now and I can't always cling to her shirt like a baby.

"Why are you crying? I'm not your daughter who will go away and get married and never comeback." Damn I suck at comforting people. She wiped her eyes with her fist and I rubbed her back trying to soothe her- keyword trying.

"Just eat properly and take care of yourselves. Don't get into girls or I'll kick you out of my house. Don't forget me or us or anyone..." here we go with the 20 minutes long lecture on 'how to be a legit human'; because as far as I am concerned in her eyes I am not a human.

"Maa! I will be fine! Let me go now." she was squeezing the life out of me, with all those gazillion hugs and kisses she was showering on my head. "Bye, Maa! Will see you soon. Take care and don't cry. Its bad luck when I am going out of the house." I touched her feet and waved her final good bye.

"I love you, Ryan! Take care, drive carefully!" she smiled in her tears and I smiled back. She is just way too emotional, but I love her. Who doesn't?

I took a deep breath and adrenaline rushed through my veins, calling me to itself. I hopped on my blue black Laila. "Hello, my baby! Let's go!" I patted her body, and put the key in the ignition.

A/N: Hello! So here I am Gaganpreet accepting the 30 days writing challenge from wattpad to write an adventurous story.

Most of you must be knowing me from my last few works The love you would never receive... or Resplendence.

Hope you liked the prologue of this story and it is based in India so you may find a few Hindi lines. If you are not able to understand just ask me.

Please VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE as much as possible. Critical evaluation is acceptable. This will be a short one unlike my last story.

Help spread the word. Contact me;

Twitter: @catharticideas

Instagram: @tlywnr_novel

Take care, stay happy, and keep reading.

~Gagz J