Chapter 34: The True Ruler

Levi's P.O.V
"Awe, your not in the mood to talk Holy man? I would have thought for sure you had something to say" "No matter how many nails you take, I will remain faithful to the king and the nature of the walls!" The fact that Sannes could stay true to his cause after suffering through my malicious torture session, I couldn't help but give the man props.

"Oh come now friend, there has to be something you can tell us! I mean, if you still don't feel like talking, I could persuade you" Hange picked up the pliers I was once holding and smiled the wickedest smile I've ever seen from them. "Like I told Captain Levi, torture me all you want! I will not give up the secrets of the walls!" Agitated, I peel the gloves off my hands and remove the smock.

"Fine, I can't force the holy man to talk, but maybe you can Hange, I'll be back in a bit to check on you two, don't have too much fun while I'm gone" Discarding them both to the side, I walk out of the room and close the door right as Hannes let out a blood-curdling scream. It seemed even louder from when I had been doing it. But I suppose that didn't matter, I needed a break from all this.

By the time I reached the main building, (y/n) was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs that lead into the main room. "(Y/n)? What are you doing down here?"

Your P.O.V
1..2..3..4...5...6..

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Six seconds, that's how long it took for the blood-curdling screams to start up again. Jeez, it sounded even louder than when Levi did it. The sound alone reminded me to stay on Hange's good side. Deciding to wait for one of them to ascend into the main building, I took a seat at the bottom step and waited.

It didn't take more than a minute until I heard the door open. Then a voice bellowed down at me. "(Y/n)? What are you doing down here?" Peering up once more I was met with those beautiful grey eyes I hadn't seen for the past few hours. "Just waiting for someone to come out that's all, I'm glad it was you" "Yeah?" "Yeah, you were down there for quite some time, the kiddos were getting anxious and I knew they wanted to talk amongst themselves so here I am"

"I see" Levi took a seat next to me and rested his head on my shoulder which took me by surprise. "I'm tired, let me rest alright?" "Yeah" I wasn't sure how long we stayed like that, or how long the screams from Sannes filled the air of that tiny house, but by the time Levi lifted his head from my shoulder, one of his famous genuine smiles was spread across that beautiful face if his.

"(Y/n)?" "Yeah?" That's all that was said before Levi cupped my face, pulling me in for a kiss. "Oh, Lev..." and just as the motions began, they were quickly shut down as well. "Oh shit! Bad time!? Sorry I'll go!" "No, it's fine, what is it four eyes!?" "That little trick of ours worked, Sannes is ready to talk!" "What!? You're shitting me!" "Nope! (Y/n), you should come too!"

Following Hange's order, Levi and I followed them into the basement where Sannes was being kept. I had to push away the inferring thought of Levi almost kissing me to the back of my head so I could focus. "So Sannes, now that I have my friends here with me, feel free to share away!" At first, he hesitated but quickly decided against it, as his face held that of distraught and betrayal. "Reiss is the true royal family" "Say what!?" "King Fritz is a figurehead, and Reiss works from behind the scenes"

"I see, it would make sense why no one's ever seen him out and about in public" "If you're wondering about Eren Jaeger and Historia Reiss, within a day tops, they shall become one" "Become one? What the hell are you talking about Holy man!" "Historia will once bring the power of the Founding Titan back into the hands of the royal family" "Hey! I thought they said no more cryptic messages! What does that mean!"

As much as I hated to admit it, I fully understand what Sannes was on about. The thought made me sick to my stomach and the idea of Historia actually agreeing to it made me want to pass out. Not wanting to beat around the bush anymore, I captured both Levi's and Hange's attention. "What he is saying, is that Historia will eat Eren and steal his powers, and then the Royal Family will have full control again"

"No! We can't let this happen! Levi, I'm going to report to Erwin, you finish up here!" "Roger!" Hange didn't waste a single breath after their big declaration. They grabbed Moblit and disappeared from view before Sannes could say anything else. "Well Holy Man, Wanna tell us where we can find them?" "I'm not sure, I apologize but that's all I can disclose" Not wanting to hear from him anymore, I grabbed him and threw him into the cell with his buddy.

"FAT LOAD OF HELP YOU WERE! ENJOY ROTTING IN THIS CELL LIKE THE DOG YOU ARE!" I didn't stick around long enough to hear him and his stupid ass Soliloquy. My mind was elsewhere. One day is all we had, and we were no closer to finding them than we were yesterday. "(Y/n)! (Y/n)! (Y/n)!" "DAMNED BRAT WILL YOU WAIT A SECOND!" Realizing that Levi was the one calling to me, I stopped in my tracks, looking down at him.

"I understand you're stressed but you can't bring that energy to the kiddos ok? We have to tell them what's going on in a calm matter, so you stay here and cool off while I finish securing the prisoners, then we can head up together" doing as he said, I took a seat on the steps once more and waited for Levi.

All I knew is that the hunt was on, and the time limit was twenty-four hours.