Chapter One

Too Far Gone: A step Brother Romance
Chapter One
Sage's Pov

________________________

Nervous. I'm nervous as fuck.

Any minute now my step fathers BMW is going to pull into the driveway and I'm going to meet my two new step brothers, Ethan and King, for the first time. I shouldn't be nervous. I shouldn't even care what they think about me... But I do. I want to have a good relationship with them.

My mom, Ella, had married Max this year. My mom and my younger sister Lily and I all lived in Detroit, Michigan. Lily still lived there for now with our grandparents. She wanted to stay with them a little while longer and mom agreed that she could as long as she took her school work seriously. Plus our grandparents love having her there to help around the house. So It works out for them, which is great, I guess... But I just miss my baby sister.

Max lived in California for a while with his boys and his brother Michael, but I guess he and my mom decided to move to their hometown in Davidson North Carolina. He brought a house here shortly after marrying my mom. Well, sort of a house. I guess it's technically  considered a mansion. Eight bedrooms, six full baths, four half baths. A pool, pool house which serves as an Inlaw suite. A gourmet kitchen with not one, but two butler's pantries. Cathedral ceilings are throughout the main floor and did I mention there are three of them? Yeah, three floors plus a fully renovated basement that I haven't explored yet.

Two stair cases were definitely necessary for this size of a house.
A Grand Hall anchored the estate together because let's be honest, that's exactly what this is... an estate. The grand hall serves as the connecting centerpiece and is where the first set of stairs is. Slabs of expensive beautiful gray marble framed the curved staircase making it a statement piece. A true work of art if you're into that kind of thing. It's the first thing you notice when you enter the house aside from the huge and elaborate crystal chandelier hanging in the foyer.
The second set of stairs were just as big, curved and cladded with the same signature gray marble that could be found in multiple rooms in the house but this staircase is not as grand as the first one. It's tucked away in the kitchen on the left wing of the house.

In other words, It's way too damn big for just the four of us... But when they told me that Max's sons were moving in too, I was both horrified and excited to have brothers... Mom and I will be out ranked with all this testosterone running around the house. Not to mention several of Max's male employees who are constantly coming in and out of the house. I stirred clear from those guys. I didn't like the way their eyes followed me in passing. Max even tried to have one of them following me around. I put a stop to that shit real quick! I don't need a body guard to go to high school with me... and what would he be guarding me from anyway? An algebra test? Which in that case, maybe having a body guard wouldn't be so bad...

Anyway, when Lily moves in, we'll be even and we'll definitely have a full house then. I'm thinking that might not be such a bad thing... That all depends on how friendly these new brothers of mine are.

Max is a nice guy... Actually, he's super sweet. The very first time we met him, he brought Lily, mom and I flowers and took us out to dinner at a really fancy restaurant. He was nervous and It was nice to see him try to build a connection between us instead of entering our lives and just being that guy who married our mom.

We get along better than I thought we would. We weren't extremely close though... Not yet anyway... There's potential.

There is one thing that does bother me though... I don't really know anything about Max. I know he owns a few businesses and he's a fucking multi millionaire, but he doesn't seem like a rich person at all. You'd never know he was loaded just by looking at him. He's tall as fuck, big and built like a wrestler, shaggy dark brown hair, thick dark beard littered with gray hair that covers most of his face. He has the nicest gray eyes I've ever seen, and he's covered in tattoos...