Loaf at first sight

Life was terror, rain everywhere, nothing to eat, and people treading on my family. Everything was miserable, before the loaf.

𝑆𝑖𝑔ℎ, 'another day of eating gum I find behind the school benches' I thought to myself, then BANG, my head was hit by something that was shot at me at full power, luckily I dodged it by using my superior wings that the Lord gave me. As I fly down to see what almost sliced my head in half, I see her, Debra, approaching the same huge boulder that I'm flying to. The most beautiful pigeon I've ever seen, light grey feathers, and a tint of rainbow, with an amazing yellow beak and amazing orange eyes. "Michael what on earth was that noise?!" Debra asks. "I'm not sure, Debra, it almost hit me and I'm trying to acknowledge it."
"well, be careful :)"
"I will,Debra." And from then on I realised, Debra was the one for me.
Pigeon love is complicated. If a pigeon doesn't fight you at first sight, then they're your soulmate (obviously).

As we both approached the bullet, we both realised it wasn't a bullet, it was bread.
"Look Michael! Bread!" Debra seems excited by the thought of not having to eat rubbish for once.
"I see it Debra, would you like to dine on this fabulous feast with me?" I say, hoping she'll say yes.
"Oh of course Michael!"
We begin our amazing crumb of bread, throwing it to each other so we could both eat it equally, then, before we knew it, it started to rain bread!!
"It's a miracle!" I say, amazed by the fact that I'm having the best time of my life
"It's a Michael miracle! Anything can happen when you're with a pigeon called Michael" Debra says.

My heart, Debra has made me happier than ever,
"Debra" I say
"yes,Michael?"
"will you make me the happiest flying pigeon ever and marry me?"
"Of course, Michael!"
We both celebrate our wedding by feasting on more of the loaf that the weird high school girls threw at us.

"Mind if I join you? heh"
John asks, John is the only pigeon around these parts that I hate, he is so stuck-up and always flexes his big neck.
"Of course John! You're always welcome to have a bit of my loaf." Debra says. I clench my wings in anger.
They start talking to each other a lot, everyone knows Debra and John used to be loafers, and now he's trying to take her back!

"John can we talk. In private, please." I say
"sure bud"
Now is my chance to take action and tell John to leave my wife alone!
"John, I know we're good friends and all, but stay away from Debra! She's MY wife. And I don't want your feathers anywhere close to her!"
"Michael, I don't like her anymore. I like someone else."
"Oh. Well I'm sorry for bothering you then, let's go and have some more bread."
As I walk back to Debra, I feel something right behind me.
"Wait, Michael." John grabs my wing and I turn around to see his head right beside mine, our eyes locking. Is, this a new loaf?.