Prologue

Trauma bond (noun)
: a human relationship forged between two people who share the same trauma

That's what society colloquially calls it. Often they have negative connotations, reason being that it unseals one's wound and in turn can destruct the relationship.

But I'd like to think that it is compatibility that we have between Eri and I.

We exists as wretched mirrors of each other. A neglected child deprived of love, and it all boils down to one thing–Quirk.

Her quirk was condemned as a curse for its dangerous ramifications while I had none to pride myself on.

Born without a quirk, I compensated my inadequacy by working hard academically and physically in my local university. On the contrary, my younger brother was loved for his fiery quirk and the attainment of making into one of the most prestigious hero agencies.

My encounter with Eri was serendipitous; it filled each other's heart with what the other was lacking and together we became whole.

In this world where strength is perceived as palpable and bulky muscles, we had no place in it and so we latched onto one another for comfort and happiness. So tight our bond became that you would think nothing could tear us apart.

'Nothing. Not even love.' was all I thought.

______________________________________