9: The Ice

"Come on, [Name], it'll be fun!"

"N-no, I don't want to do this!" You exclaimed loudly as you felt one of the girls grab onto your shoulders before shoving you in the direction of a steep hill.

"Don't be such a baby! We're only trying to "help" you." Another girl said.

Her reassuring words were nothing but filthy lies because, without giving any sort of warning, she pushed you, and you went tumbling down the snowy mound, screaming.

You landed face first in the fluffy snow, feeling sore everywhere on your body as you slowly sat up, feeling tears running down your face freely.

"There, now you're right where you belong, snow witch!" They laughed as you staggered to get up and looked up at the three girls standing at the top of the hill.

"I'm not a snow witch!" You cried.

At first, it started out with the usual name-calling, hurtful comments, and the actual physical violence that had just occurred.

"Snow Witch, Snow Witch, laying in a ditch." They began to chant in song.

"NO, I'M NOT!" You exclaimed angrily, only to be met with a snowball to the face as you flinched.

"Yes, you are! You don't belong here. No one loves you!" One girl said this as they all started throwing snowballs at you.

You whimpered and tried to shield yourself with your little arms.

It got a lot colder, almost to the point of freezing, as ice began forming around your feet. Rapidly, the ice started to form into a wall as it slowly wrapped around you, shielding you from their attacks and insults.

The three girls gasped and backed up quickly as you encased yourself in an ice cocoon.

"See, you are a snow witch! You deserve to be here. So, do us all a favor and get lost, witch!" One girl says:.

"Nobody loves you! Why don't you just disappear?" And with that, they let you be, leaving you in the ditch.

Within the ice, you crouched and buried your face in your hands, crying.

They were right-no one will ever love you. You will always be alone. Everyone hated you, and words like "lonely" cannot express how much this hurt.

For now, Father Winter seems to be your only friend since you only have the cold to keep you company.

──────────────

"Do you really want me, Kyojuro?"

The flame, Hashira, tilted his head slightly in question. "Of course I want you, my love!"

Irritatingly, you'd bite your lip before quickly getting up and storming out of the room.

Kyojuro's heart sank as he watched you leave. Did he say something wrong?

Surely, he only said what he'd meant.

He soon heard Otsune release a heavy sigh, "such a stubborn girl. Quick Rengoku, you must go to her!" She says.