grogginess

A burning pain. That's all that Laine could feel. It was the fresh hours of the morning, maybe 3 or 4AM. She looked down, up, and around at her surroundings. It was dark, but she could make out something of a living room. She was on the off-white couch, now covered in blood.

One thing that caught her eye, though, was a boy sleeping on a matching loveseat. He had goofy, light brown hair and a hard face. He seemed quite uncomfortable, sleeping sitting up. After a bit of staring, he began to stir. Oh god, she thought. Had she woken him? Was this her fault?

Soon, his groggy eyes met hers. A deep, enchanting brown they were. She gasped quietly, scared that the two were finally face to face. They stared at each other for a moment, before Laine started to back away. Scared, she was.

"Hey- uh.. you don't gotta- uhm, uh-" The boy tried to reason with her. He sighed, looking around the dark room and back at Laine. He got up, the girl still terrified. Suddenly, a switch was flicked and the room was illuminated in a warm light.

They could both see each other clearly now. The boy had eyes on the smaller side, visible cheekbones and curly, light brown hair. He was wearing a hoodie that was a muddle of purple and green-ish colors and gray sweatpants.

The girl, on the other hand, had more of a baby face, She had straight, platinum blonde hair. There was a large cut across her cheek, and the white shirt that was under her t-shirt was stained in an all-to-noticeable red substance.

"Hey- uh, I'm not gonna hurt you, y'know." The boy said. Laine nodded slowly, bringing her knees to her chest.

"I'm Mark, nice to meet you." He started walking over, which caused Laine to scramble and fall off the couch with a rather loud thud. Mark put his hands up defensively, putting them down after a moment.

"Jeez- are you alright?" He asked. Laine nodded again.

God, this was going to be quite the ride.