Help is Here Short Story

Alexandra, or Alex for short, is a seventeen year old woman living in a world full of depression. She was neglected by her own family, had no friends to talk to and she got into bad habits like drinking and smoking. She has lost weight overtime when it came to eating. She's a mere 96 pounds. Alex hated herself for all that's been happening. She wished things would turn around for her, like her teachers at school say they would, but of course that would never happen. At least that's what she believes.
It was a Friday afternoon and Alex just finished school. She was supposed to be at home studying, but she didn't feel like studying nor be at home (mostly home), so she decided to go to the park today. Alex walked to the park, which was a 112 mile walk and sat on a bench with her backpack next to her with a sigh.
'If only things go my way.' Alex thought. 'If only I didn't have a strict life that only wants me to study all the time, I had parents who don't pretend I don't even exist....I just want to feel complete. I feel stupid and sick.'
As Alex was pondering her negative thoughts, a young man at the age of nineteen was walking home from college and he just so happened to pause at the park. He saw a silhouette of a young woman sitting on a bench. He walked a few steps towards the bench and to his shock, he saw the woman was in some sort of mental distress. He walked towards the bench again (more like to Alex specifically) and she looked up at him annoyed.
"What do you want?" Alex asked.
"Sorry miss, I was on my way home from college and I saw you sitting on that park bench by yourself. Mind if I sit with you?" the boy asked.
Alex sighed angrily and put her bag on the ground between her legs. "Fine, go ahead." she growled. "I don't care."
Awkward silence fills the park as the two looked away from each other. The boy would quickly glance at Alex a few times before he finally got the courage to speak to her.
"Are you doing okay miss? You look like you're distressed." the boy asked.
"It's none of your business stranger and don't talk to me!" Alex demanded.
"Oh, sorry, my manners. My name is James. I'm a mental health consultant student at my college." James introduced.
"Oh cool, don't care." Alex snarked.
"I have a feeling your mental health isn't doing so good. What's been going on lately? Have you been taking care of your mental health properly?" James asked.
"None of your business!!" Alex yelled.
"Look, here's what you can do to take care of your mental health: get more sleep, exercise, read a book, write a story or in a journal or do some yoga exercises. These all work, trust me." James advised.
"Pfft, as if I believe all that non-sense." Alex muttered.
"Come on miss, just trust me. It will work!" James insisted.
"NO WAY! I'M NOT DOING ANY OF YOUR DUMB STUFF! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!" Alex yelled as she picked up her backpack and left the bench.
James sighed again. "Well, maybe she'll take my advice later on, but in all seriousness, we all need to cope with stress to help our mental health. Take deep breaths, exercise, read a book, write something, anything hobby-wise should work." James said to himself.
He picks up his bag and leaves the park bench as well to his home.