l a m e l o . b a l l | family official.

Y/N

"Melo i'm nervous", I sighed looking down.

"They're going to love you, I promise. Even if they don't love you, I still love you," He smiled reassuring me.

I gave him a small grin and tried to calm myself down. In a matter of seconds we were in front of the ball estate.

"You ready bb?" He asked opening the door for me.

I shook my head and held his hand. He walked up to the door and pushed it open.

"Yerrrrrr!" He yelled getting everyone's attention.

"DIPPPPPP! HOW'S MY BOY DOING? OOOOO HE DONE BROUGHT HIS LADY!" Lavar yelled back.

I chuckled at their way of communicating and extended my hand.

"I'm y/n," I smiled shaking Lavar and Tina's hand.

"Girl we don't shake hands in this house, we huggg," Lavar said giving me a hug.

I did the same to Melo's mom who had a smile on her face the entire time.

"Now I gotta ask how my crazy ass son managed to get such a fine and put together young lady because baby, we've seen who he'd dated before," Lavar said seriously.

"Come on now dad," Melo rolled his eyes.

"I still don't know how up to this day, he got really lucky," I chuckled brushing off my shoulders.

"Yesss right!" Tina laughed as well.

"Well I'll leave you young cats up to it, me and tina gotta roll. Y/N I'd love for you to come to dinner later though," Lavar offered.

"Wow, I'm honored, I definitely will," I smiled as they left the building.

"I told you they would love you," Melo said smacking my butt.

"That's only your parents, I still haven't met the rest of your family."

"And they'll obviously love you too," He rolled his eyes.

*Skips to dinner*

Melo and I drove to the restaurant to meet his family, and this time I was quite excited.

Melo's family were seated around a table. Melo and I walked up to the table where I received mostly warm smiles.

"Everyone this is y/n, Melo's girlfriend," Lavar introduced.

"Another money hungry broad," His grandma gave me a stank face.

"Oh," I said in my head.

"She's not like that grandma, she's in college, she works and has a side hustle

"She's not like that grandma, she's in college, she works and has a side hustle. She's different, she loves me for me so please leave her alone," Melo answered quickly.

His grandma stayed quiet and diverted her attention to the other family members.

"You know you're not like that baby, don't let that bother you aight," He said giving me a kiss.

I shook my head and gave a weak smile. Melo held my hand the entire time to comfort me.

"Where you from y/n?" Lonzo asked.

"I'm from the Caribbean," I proudly stated.

"Ahhh I knew I heard an accent," Gelo added.

"So that means you could dance right, cause like I need help bagging the Caribbean shorties," Lonzo laughed.

"You aint getting no hoes with that wack ass haircut," Melo joined.

"Bro my hair looking better than that dry ass wasp nest on your head, don't even play with me and my barber like that," Lonzo said.

Gelo only shook his head.

"Yall know damn well I got the flyest hair," Gelo scoffed.

"I agree," I said nearly causing Melo to choke.

"Aww hell naaahhhh, I ain't ever bringing you around these bozos again," He said.

"Y/N may I speak to you please?" His grandma asked.

I looked at Melo, whose eyes gave a yes.

"Sure," I answered standing up and following her.

"I'm really sorry for greeting you that way. It's really not me, but I don't play when it comes to my babies," She said seriously.

"I hope we can move on from this, I love that Melo chose you," She smiled.

"Thank you so much," I smiled back.

She gave me a hug and we headed back to the table.

"See I told you it would go good, we 4liferrsss," Melo chuckled.

hi guyssssss, welcome to the family :))) feel free to request any player <33