༊*·˚Chapter 3˚·*༊

A Painful Memory

"Goodbye, Michimya!" I waved goodbye to her as she drove away in her car. She was moving away. My face was smothered with tears. I couldn't help but to keep sobbing. "BYE!" I screamed again. Finally, her car went over the hills and she was no longer visible. I stood there in silence, as if I could see her again. "...Kozakura? W--would you like to play volleyball...you know, to cheer you up?" I turned around to see my big sister, Miyabi, holding a volleyball. I wiped a tear before nodding. I needed something to cope with.

"Nice receive!" Miyabi called out as the ball headed her way. She spiked it, getting a point.

"Aw! Dang it!" I said, feeling determined. But the ache in my heart still hurted. I guess my big sister could tell.

"Again!" I pleaded.

"Aww, come on. This is like the 5th set we've played. Besides, I got to go to the nationals with my team tomorrow." She smirked.

I gasped, my eyes filling with excitement.

"No way! You made it?!" I beamed, clenching my fist from happiness.

"Yeah! My team made it!" She hugged me tight. "WOOHOO! MY SISTER'S GOING TO BE A VOLLEYBALL STAR!" I cheered.

She giggled, "Yes, yes I am!"

"A--And I'm going to be the volleyball star's sister!" I giggled along.

"Yes, yes you are!"

I thought so. But I was wrong. It happened. The day my world was destroyed. "Are--are you going to be okay!?" I cried on the phone. "Yes, yes I am!" Her voice shook.

"D--don't worry! I'll be there! I just want to say something. No matter what--...d-don't give up. Don't be afraid. I love you." Her voice cracked, before hanging up. The school was having a lockdown. A school shooter had entered the school. And everyone survived. Everyone but my sister.

When I found out I broke into tears. The only person that had loved me, the only person that was left for me, the only person that gave me hope, died.

"NO! I won't believe it!" I begged my mom.

"SHE'S GONE! OKAY!? YOU NEED TO ADMIT IT!" My mother sobbed, constantly wiping her tears.

"She's gone, okay?" Her voice broke. My eyes filled with pain. I know my sister died. I believed. I just didn't want to believe what I believed. She left a hole in my heart. If she never went to that school for volleyball, she would've never died. If she never joined volleyball, she would've never died. When she died, It broke me.

"Dude, her sister died at a school shooting." Someone whispered.

"No way."

"Yeah, it was at the Shiratorizawa school."

"No, I heard it was at Nekoma."

"What? L/n's sister died?"

They were wrong. It wasn't at Shiratorizawa or Nekoma. Or any of those schools. My sister always told me to imagine your happy place when you feel sad, nervous, anxious, or angry. She always took me to a starry night on saturdays. So I thought of starry nights.

Back to the Present

After a bit of time, we were back. "L/n!" My teammate called, sending me a ball. I clapped my hands together and aimed towards where I wanted the ball to fly. Poof! It bounced off my hands, flying in the air.