23

minho was definitely in love with jisung.

he wasn't sure why jisung hadn't approached him the first three days after the holiday, but he was kind of glad that he hadn't. he could watch him from a distance, tell himself he wasn't in love at all. maybe he just want to be him, instead of be with him.

but no, when jisung finally talked to him, the feeling was confirmed once again.

he didn't know what to do with this piece of information. there was no way he would ever have the guts to confess.

he didn't stand a chance. not even because of his sexuality, as jisung was gay himself, but because, well, it was minho. no one would ever look at him that way.

besides, jisung seemed to be way too invested in felix. and the other way around, too. what had changed? he thought felix was into changbin, but apparently his interest was now focused on jisung.

poor changbin was almost seething every time he saw them all cozy with each other.

minho wasn't like that. he wasn't exactly jealous, but he understood him. he didn't have enough energy to be hurt by what he saw.

anyway, the "party" at chan's was happening soon. for once, he actually looked forward to it. he kind of felt bad for jisung, who wasn't going to drink, but he had said it was alright.

he wondered if there was a competition for overthinking. if so, he would win the trophy. christ's sake.

as they were the only ones with a license, chan and minho had to get the liquor. neither of them felt like going alone.

'are you even gonna drink?'

'eh, don't think so. someone has to get you kids home.' he dangled his car keys in front of his face.

'i'm one year younger than you.'

'tiny.' chan petted his head, smiling. minho bat his hand away and scoffed.

'wanna hang out until the others arrive?'

'yeah, sure.'

they played videogames on chan's tv and ate dinner, until the first kid arrived.

'good evening, good evening,' hyunjin mused. seungmin, who tended to stick by his boyfriend everywhere, was nowhere to be seen.

'where's seungmin?'

'he will arrive shortly,' hyunjin nodded. minho frowned, weird guy.

the others arrived quicker than him, though.

seungmin was the last to ring the doorbell. he seemed to be rather upset when he came in, despite his best efforts to hide it.

'what's up?'

'nothing special. have you guys not started drinking yet?'

everyone looked at each other, eyes eventually landing on the unopened bottles on the table in their midst.

'uh-'

seungmin shrugged and picked up one of the bottles. he glanced at the label before opening it and drinking it straight.

everyone raised their eyebrows at hyunjin, who noticed the pressure to do something on him and took the bottle from his boyfriend's hands.

'slow down there. come with me,' he grabbed his hand and led him outside, out of their earshot.

minho was the next one to grab a bottle. might as well start.

the liquid inside was cherry red, and awfully sweet for his taste. it was a shame jisung didn't drink, his sweet tooth would have loved this shit.

nevermind formalities, the plastic cups they were supposed to use lay forgotten on the coffee table. instead, they passed the bottles between them as they talked and laughed.

seungmin and hyunjin had returned from their private talk in the hallway, the younger looking much calmer now. minho was curious, but it wasn't his place ask.

when the bottle was passed to seungmin, he only took a small sip. good.

in contrast, when minho got his hands on the booze, he chugged down a third of the bottle. the liquor burned in his throat and he squeezed his eyes shut.

changbin whistled at the act and took the bottle from his grip. 'leave some for us, will you?'

minho gestured vaguely at the various bottles still standing on the table. 'plenty.' he murmured.

after a few more of chugs that were only slightly smaller than the first, minho was properly out of the world.

his thoughts were messy and scattered, but for once he didn't mind. he lay upside down on the couch, feet dangling in the air. he was staring at jisung, who returned his gaze with a frown.

minho stuck his tongue out at the younger, but he got no response. he tried to wink, which ended in him blinking rapidly like a fool, before giggling. jisung raised an eyebrow at the laughing mess in front of him, before letting out a laugh of his own.

minho gasped, pointing at him. 'he laughs!' he yelled. seungmin, who was slowly dozing off, almost fell of the couch, startled.

minho rolled to the side and jumped up. he tugged on jisung's sleeve and dragged him to chan's tv, where they could do karaoke.

a few moments later, hot sauce by nct dream blared through the speakers. they both sang loudly, felix and hyunjin occasionally jumping in too.

after a few more songs it was time to go home. chan stood at the door with crossed arms, thinking out loud.

'i can take four people in the car. so two will have to go with jisung.'

everyone stared for a moment, before jeongin's hand shot up. he burped. 'shotgun.'

felix and hyunjin reacted quick, their hands going up as well while yelling the same thing.

minho stared at them. he would rather walk.

then the last hand went up, changbin's. 'shotgun.'

chan turned to minho and seungmin. 'so you two will walk with jisung?'

seungmin pouted. 'but i'm staying with hyunjin..'

the oldest sighed. minho snickered at his distressed face. or maybe he wasn't distressed. who could tell?

'alright. hyunjin, you live around the corner. if you both walk with jisung, would that be alright?'

his lips parted, staring, but he nodded happily.

'great. let's go.'