29.8

34.1381N, 118.3534W
0900HRS

"They are gonna be hitting us with everything they got. So we wanna engage with maximum speed. Neutralize their shooters, and then move on to our objective," Artemis says with a smile before looking at Hobbs for him to continue.
"There's two things I want you to keep in mind. Number one, I chose you for this squad because you are the most fearsome warriors on the planet. And number two, you go out there, you do your job and you take 'em down. Everyone. And I mean everyone. Mani's and Pedi's at the mall later on today," Hobbs explains to his daughter's soccer team, causing them to cheer. The ref blows his whistle before the teams run onto the field. Hobbs gives Samantha a fist bump while Artemis gives her a hug before Hobbs starts chanting a Haka. Artemis smiles as their son, Lucas, giggles at his father. The team starts chanting with him while doing a routine before giving their best game faces, scaring the other team. Hobbs walks over to Artemis and Lucas on the sidelines as the ref blows his whistle again. "All right, let's go, girls. Let's go, let's go! Final two minutes."
"Quite the cheering section," DSS Agent Allan says as he walks over to Hobbs before looking at the bleachers packed full of moms, causing Artemis to roll her eyes.
"Oh yeah," Hobbs says as he looks as well. "Yeah, it's the moms. They come out to support the kids."
"Except there seem to be more moms than kids," Artemis says as she looks at Hobbs with a raised eyebrow.
"Way more moms," Allan says in agreement.
"Yeah. It's a big soccer town," Hobbs tells him as he waves to a few of the moms.
"Let's go, girls!" Artemis cheers trying to bury her jealously flare up.
"So, your intel was spot-on," Allan says as he shows Hobbs the information. "That Damocles 7 EMP weapon that went missing in the Gulf? Arms dealers from Liberation Front have it in Berlin."
"Shit," Hobbs says as he looks at the image of the EMP.
"This thing can wipe out an entire electrical grid in a major city," Allan explains to Hobbs, who is trying to watch the game. "No lights, no power. Instant Stone Age."
"Chloe, Maya, you can't let her run by you like that," Hobbs coaches the team. "Let's go, let's go! Cross!"
"Agent Hobbs, this is a Class Four WMD," Allan tells him as he tries to pull Hobbs' attention away from the game. "Do you have any idea what's at stake here?"
"Yes, I know exactly what is at stake here, okay?" Hobbs answers as he turns to Allan. "If the Pink Butterflies beat my Red Dragons, that means we lose the championship. Which means Ace and I have 20 little girls who are crying. And that's not a good thing. Which then means we have to spend a lot of time in ice cream shops and lot of time in Tay-Tay concerts."
"Tay-Tay?" Allan asks Hobbs confused as Hobbs turns back to the game.
"Taylor Swift. Gotta be shittin' me. Get it together. Okay?" Artemis answers him with a smirk as Hobbs glances at her with a smile. "Let's go, girls."
"We need you to do this. A lot of lives are at stake. I need to be clear here. The US government cannot sanction this operation any way. You're on your own," Allan explains to Hobbs, who is focused of the game. "This thing goes sideways you don't just get burned, you go to prison. And there's nothing we can do to get you out."
"Let me tell you something," Hobbs says as he turns to face Allan again. "The only things that I love more than saving lives.. Is my daughter, my son, and Ace. So if you don't shut up with this government bullshit right now and start showing some team spirit and respect for the Red Dragons. I'm gonna have all 20 of them line up and kick you right in the Tay-Tay."
"Go, Dragons!" Allen says out of fear.
"Say it again," Artemis tells him with a stern look.
"Go, Dragons!" Allan cheers louder, causing Artemis to smile.
"Attaboy. Go Dragons.." Hobbs says before he starts cheering again. "Go Dragons.. Go, she's open... Go! Yes! That is my daughter right there! Yes! Ah, yes, come here." Samantha runs over to Hobbs before he pulls her into a hug.
"How did I do?" Samantha asks him and Artemis with a smile.
"Awesome," Hobbs answers her.
"Amazing!" Artemis says as she pulls Samantha into a hug.
"Nice job, kid," Allan says, causing Samantha to look at him before frowning.
"Daddy's gotta go to work?" Samantha asks him sadly.
"Uh, yeah. Daddy's gotta go to work," Hobbs answers he sadly.
"What about Ace?" Samantha asks as she looks between her dad and Artemis which causes Hobbs to look at Artemis.
"Who do you think is taking the team to get mani pedis?" Artemis asks her with a smirk, causing Samantha to quickly hug her while Hobbs gives her a smile of appreciation.
"You're going to need a team that you can trust," Allan tells him, causing Hobbs to smirk.
"Oh, I already got one," Hobbs replies as he and Artemis share a smile.