The Core

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!
I can't believe I have over 150 reads!!!!
I only thought this would get like maybe 2....ok so sloth_120 thank you SO much for commenting!!!! This chapter is dedicated to you since you were the first to comment when I asked (and the chapters pretty awesome if I do say so myself!!!)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Logan's pov

The X-Jet landed in a large clearing. Everyone instantly jumped up and raced out the door. As soon as I stepped out I knew something wasn't right. The air smelled off.

Just as I was about to comment to Charles, the girl, Evening-star I think, walked out of a tent I hadn't noticed yet.

The girl had changed drastically. Before she looked like she was terrified of her own shadow and her looks proved it. Now her hair was in a long ponytail and her former outfit was switched for a tight, black suit.

"Well hello" she said.(Authors note:yes I did take the period out and yes it was for a reason.)"Why are you here"

Her voice sounded like many people where talking through her and her eyes seemed dull and lifeless.

"Go away" she said."You are not to be members of The Core"

The Core? Well THAT'S a new group.
Great. Just great. And they probably have Jean, too.

Almost as if she read my mind,which she probably did, Jean was levitated out of the tent.

"Are you looking for her" The girl said.
"Well too bad, she is to be the next member of The Core"

"No!!! Jean!!!" Cyclops stepped forward and shot an optic blast at Evening-star.

Idiot.

Just as it was about to hit her, Jean threw a psychic force field around them.

"So you want to play" she said, the many voices rising and falling over one another."Let's play"

Evening-star unsheathed her claws and turned toward Jean.

"Want to help dear, I'm sure you do come on"

As Jean and the girl advanced forward I also unsheathed my claws.
"Fine." I muttered."You wanna dance? Let's dance."

As I advanced toward the girl I noticed everyone else moved to fight Jean. They were trying to confuse her psychic powers by attacking at the same time.
I was knocked out of my analysis when Evening-star roundhouse kicked me to the ground.

"You will never beat me" she growled, pinning me down."You feel too guilty for giving her claws,JUST LIKE YOURS, you would never hurt her" She quickly jumped up, ran toward the others, and tackled Nightcrawler to the ground.

Picking him up by the tail she grabbed his head and looked him in the eyes.
"Thanks for the power" she said, tossing him against Cyclops who was just about to attack Jean, then she dissapeared. Only to reappear behind Rogue.

Taking off her glove,
Evening-star touched her, taking some of her life force and memories, then threw her against Storm, who was about to electrocute Evening-star with a lightning bolt.

Picking myself up I charged her and knocked her to the ground.
"Don't EVER tell me what I can do!" I growled, raising my claws higher.

Glancing at me dispassionately she replied, "Fine" The many voices whispered."have her"

That made me pause.

Her eyes switched back from being a dull grey, to their bright blue.

"What are you-?" She started, her voice didn't sound like many people talking at once anymore.