Down the Rabbit Hole

On that fateful day, Childe was walking down the bustling street of Liyue after another mission to collect debt for the Northland Bank. He had been in a bad mood ever since that man would beg him to extend the deadline by a few more weeks while fully aware of the contract he greedily signed at the sight of shimmering mora. The Fatui of course, shows no mercy to their debtor which resulted in the confiscation of the entire property.

"I'd rather listen to xiansheng's incessant rambling than that money hungry bastard right now!" He internally sighed.

One block away from the sulking ginger, a small figure skillfully maneuver across the sea of people with a pile of scrolls in their hands, eager to arrive at the destination of their recipients. They seem to be in a panic as they reach into their pocket for a mini watch. "Won't you look at the time! Boss will be furious if I'm late!"

Like two threads of fate intertwining, those two bump into each other, falling flat on their behind upon impact.

"Sorry, there's a place where I need to be!"

The mysterious figure runs off to who knows where, leaving the Fatui speechless at their speed. Dusting the soil off his clothes, he catches a glimpse of what seems to be a pair of fluffy ears from said individual, wondering if it's some kind of "cosplay" that's all the rage in Fontaine right now.

"I better hurry as well, he's not one to excuse tardy!" Childe thought about how last time Zhongli lectured him on the importance of being punctual as part of proper etiquette and such, not that he listened to anyway.

~~~~

The arrival at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor was not without event. To his surprise, he was greeted by the same person who bumped into him earlier sitting alongside his companion, engaging in a discussion. At the sound of his footsteps, they stopped their conversation and look up.

"Ahh its you who I bumped into earlier, I am so sorry sir!" They immediately rise from their seat, frantically bowing to the person in question. The distinctive ears which sit on the crown of their head flutter up and down.

Before he could respond, Zhongli interrupted. "Oh you two have met? This is Childe, my good friend." His hand gestured towards them. "And this is (Y/n), also a good friend of mine."

I have never seen them around in Liyue before, interesting.
The ginger smile. "Hahaha, don't mind it. Any friend of xiansheng is a friend of mine!" He offers them a handshake to which they accept.

He have to admit, their hands feel so soft and small compared to his calloused palm. He could crush it if he so desires, but he would incur the wrath of his friend who is equally, if not, stronger than him in terms of strength.

"I have been curious for a while... but are your ears real?" Childe inquires.

He recalls listening to Zhongli telling stories how adeptis take human spouses and gave birth to half-adeptus half-human children who possess animal-like traits. He wondered about the inherited traits of the offspring if they were to produce a quarter-adepti child and so on, but this is his first time meeting one in person.

~~~~~~