Shhh

2nd person POV

Upon receiving the question, your hands instinctively fly up to grab your ears in hopes of covering it.

"What?! I thought the concealing art is still working!" You whispered, hiding behind Zhongli's broad back in hopes of blocking the curious gaze of a certain man. Recently you feel restless, unable to get a wink of sleep as the reconstruction of the Jade Chamber requires meticulous planning. Being the Qixing's Treasurer entails the job of keeping records for the various transactions in Liyue, although Lady Ningguang insists to personally oversee those documents on top of her already long list of duties. Nonetheless, you and a few others work overtime to ensure everything sails smoothly.

"It seems like your power is wearing off. Allow me to fix it." The calm voice of your companion reassures you.

You feel his gloved fingers lightly brush your ears; a warm glow emits from it before the sensation completely disappears. Touching your head again, you no longer detect the presence of those two organs as you breath out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Rex— I mean boss!"

He chuckles. "Zhongli is fine."

Childe watches the whole display in awe, he had seen transformation magic take effect, but he was not aware of Zhongli's ability.

"Sooooooooo... care to explain what's going on?" He prods at the question once again.

Peeking out from your superior's shoulder, your eyes meet with his blue hues for a moment before breaking contact. "Perhaps you're aware of the adepti children that dwell among Liyue?" You pause to study his expression then proceed. "We often disguise ourselves to stay hidden from the spotlight, but it appears that I was in a rush today haha!"

You weren't sure if you should divulge everything to a man wearing a Fatui mask. Last month, a Harbinger went on to wreak havoc by summoning Osial at Liyue Harbor, forcing Lady Ningguang to sacrifice her Jade Chamber in order to seal the entity away. You still remember diving around to salvage any remnants left behind and the joy on the Tianquan's face when she found out her porcelain cups remained intact.
Anyway, you have justification to be wary of his presence. Surely the Geo archon wouldn't befriend a man who almost wiped out the entirety of Liyue?

(((Childe begs to differ.)))

Childe could read emotions quite well from years of experience consoling his siblings. He knew immediately that you were holding back the truth, but he decides not to push any further.

"Ah you're one of them indeed! It's a shame you have to hide your lovely ears, I find them quite adorable actually."
Flashing you a grin, he notices the dubious stare from the usually talkative Zhongli who had not spoken for a while.

"Childe...is this what you youngsters call 'flirting'?" The brunette finally breaks the silence.

"..."