c h a p t e r o n e

I woke up with the thought of seeing him again,
"Ugh" I turned my back to the other side of my bed and turned off my alarm.
Then I turned on my back and stared at the ceiling for a couple of seconds and then decided to get out.
I grabbed by backpack and stuffed some books in it "this 'll do".
I headed downstairs already in the same clothes I wore yesterday.
I basically slept in these clothes because these last days I barely took good care for myself.

"Goodmorning sweetie, I made you scrambled egg-"
"Mom I don't have time for breakfast I'll just take it with me okay?"
"Yea sure, I can take you to lunch after school, I will pick you up"
"Okay that's fine! See you after school!"
I waved my mom goodbye and just as I closed the front door I saw the bus arriving.
I walked my way in and greeted the bus driver, then I walked towards the back of the bus where I always sit down, I wasn't really good in socializing with people, that's why I barely had any friends.

I walked in, sat down and placed my bag on the empty seat next to me while I heard two girls giggling and looking towards me,
I rolled my eyes placed a fake smile on my face and raised my middle finger at them,
I saw the smile disappearing in their faces and smirked,  I putted my earphones in my ears and turned on one of my Spotify playlists.

20 minutes later

"Next stop is midtown high!" I grabbed my backpack and waited for everyone to leave.
While I walked out of the bus I thought I heard someone yell my name, I paused my music and turned around.
A brown haired boy, with a blue hat and a denim jacket,
walked up to me.
"What do you want Russell"
Russell is what I mostly called him, his real name is Arvin but since he's an annoying dick all the time I call him by his last name.

"Hey, I just wanted to-"
his sentence got cut of by someone pushing him aside.
"What the hell man" I shouted,
I walked up to the 'bully' and pushed him back even harder then he did to Arvin.
"Oh you bitch!"
I saw the bully walking up to me but then Arvin knocked him out from the back.
"That got out of hand quickly"
I walked away pretending nothing had happened when I felt his hand grabbing my upper arm.

I turned around and saw him give me a angry but slightly concerned look.
"So I just kind of saved you from being hit and you just.. leave?"
I felt his hand losing grip on my arm.
"Yea, what else you want me to do, go on my knees and thank you?"
"Well that would be an option" he said with a sarcastic voice and a smirk.
"Oh, shut up!"
I pushed him aside and walked to class.

"Math class, at 9am in the morning"
"Exciting" I sarcastically mumbled.
I walked to the back of the classroom to avoid as much social contact as possible.

Class hasn't started yet and I already saw drama happening,
"Alright class, grab your books we are working with Pythagoras today."
Not even after we grabbed our books I saw Arvin walk in.
He looked back and made eye contact with me,
I gave him a dirty look so he wouldn't sit anywhere near me.
I really didn't want to start a conversation after what happened this morning...