Chapter 11

The two of them arrived at a bar near the beach. The bar is not too far from the restaurant where Emily and Anna just went to. They were welcomed by Fat Amy who immediately grabbed Emily's hand so that she can introduce her to her friends. "Wait, Amy!" Emily tried to stop her and looked back apologetically to Anna. "I'm okay." Anna said with a smile which only made Emily felt more guilty for leaving her. "I'll be back." Anna gestured her to go before she went to get herself a drink. "This is going to be a long night." She thought.

Emily was busy looking for Anna from where she stand that she didn't notice the guy that Amy has introduced to her. "Emily!" "Huh? Sorry, what was that?" Emily said before looking again at the crowd and she saw Anna standing by the bar. Anna saw her and gave her a little wave. "Sorry about that. Nice to meet you. I'm Emily." Emily looked again at Anna but she was no longer there. "Where did she go?" She asked herself. "Uhm, excuse me for a moment." she said to Amy before she went looking for Anna.

She tried looking for her at the bar but she wasn't there. She looked around but she couldn't find her. Finally, Emily decided to go outside and go to the beach.

The moon was full and its light is enough to illuminate the land. Emily walked around, hoping to find her. She stopped when she saw a familiar face. "Anna?" She called. The girl looked back and waved at her.

Anna was sitting on her jacket which she spread over the sand. Emily walked towards her. "What are you doing here alone?" she asked as she untied her flannel shirt from her waist and spread it over the sand. "Nothing. I just want to look at the sea." Anna replied.

"Is that so?" Emily asked as she sat beside her. Anna nodded, her eyes fixed at the sea. "It calms me whenever I look at it." Emily looked at the sea as well. She watched as the waves kissed the shore calmly. "I can see that." She said. "Why did you leave the party?" she continued.

"I'm just not feeling it. I wanted to get some fresh air." Anna replied. "I see."

"What about you?"

"I was looking for you."

"Why are you looking for me?"

"Because you suddenly went missing. I thought you went back already because you were bored or something."

Anna smiled upon hearing her reason. "Are you worried about me?" "Of course! You're..." Emily said then she paused as her eyes met Anna's. "You're my guest that's why I'm worried. And you were suddenly nowhere to be found. I thought something has happened to you."

"Well, now that you found me, you don't have to worry anymore." Anna said as she lay down. She then turned to Emily and tapped the spot beside her. "Lay down too. I have something to show you." Emily followed and laid down beside her. "Do you see that bright star beside the moon?" Anna said as she pointed at the sky. Emily looked at where she was pointing. "Yes. What about it?" "When I was young, my mother told me that once upon a time, the moon and that star were lovers. But they were separated by a curse and they can only meet once in a hundred years."

"That's sad." Emily said. "I know. When I was young, my mother would tell me all these kinds of stories and I would sit there and become fascinated by them." Anna said with sadness in her voice. "are you alright?" "Yes. It's just that I missed her."

Emily held her hand and said, "You know, you can always tell me about her. I'll listen to you." "Thank you."

They spent the rest of the night, lying there, with Anna telling Emily about her late mother. "I think she's proud of you right now." Emily said. She was now lying on her side, facing Anna. "Do you think so?" "Yeah."

"Would you like me to sing you a song?" Emily asked. "That would be nice." she replied. "Alright. So, this one is one of the songs that I composed before. I made this when I first entered Barden. I think you're going to like it." Emily said before she started singing softly.

"I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it's a sweet life
Stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night"

For some reason, Anna felt safe as she listened to Emily sing. Slowly, she relaxed herself and she drifted to sleep.

Emily watched her as she slowly fell asleep. She couldn't help but be mesmerized by how beautiful she was when she's sleeping. She watched as her chest slowly rose up as she breathe calmly. Unconsciously, Emily reached for her face and was about to move her hair back to her ear when she heard someone called her name. She turned around and saw Amy walking towards them.

"Emily!" Amy called again. "Shhh!" Emily signaled her because she's afraid that Anna might wake up but Fat Amy couldn't seem to get it. "What are you doing?" She shouted. "Oh damn. She's going to wake up!" Emily said as she stood up.

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" She said loudly. Emily swore she would do anything just to shut her up. She looked down to Anna to make sure that she's still sleeping.

Anna was awaken by the loud voices talking. She opened her eyes and saw Emily talking with Amy. She stood up and fixed her shirt and walked towards them.

"What are you two doing here?" Amy asked when she saw Anna behind Emily. Emily looked back. "You're awake." "Yeah." Anna replied softly. Emily then turned to Amy. "Uhm, we... were stargazing." She said with an awkward smile.

"You were stargazing while facing each other? Are the stars now located on each of your eyes?" Amy asked. Emily was about to answer her but Amy continued talking. "Whatever. Anyway, Emily, someone's looking for you."

"Who?" she asked. Then her eyes moved towards the familiar person walking towards them.

"Benji?"