«chapter 4»

E D I T E D

«Jasmin»

"God, it's getting dark. Why aren't they back yet?" I asked worriedly.

"Jasmin, calm down. They probably just got held up somewhere." Dale said. I shook my head.

"They left hours ago, dale. Daryl and them can deal with something quicker than that! And now lori's gone looking for them and who knows where she is! Oh, and now Shane's gonna look I for Lori so that makes six people missing!" I said. Daryl, Rick, and Glenn all went out to find Hershel, who had run off after the incident at the barn. Lori got worried and snuck off to find them, which made Shane leave to find her.

"They're gonna be fine. Have a little hope." He said. I sighed and plopped onto the couch, brushing hair out of my face and silently telling myself to calm down. It was silent for a long time.

"I miss my phone." I said for no reason. "It was a really old flip phone that Merle gave to me." I laughed. "It wasn't much but they wanted me to be able to contact them whenever they weren't home. They worried about me." I smiled. "I'm not sure why," I lied. "But they did."

"You and Daryl seem to have such a close bond. It seems unbreakable." Dale said. I smiled.

"All three of us do. Merle was usually gone doing whatever it was that Merle did, so that usually left me and Daryl together. We were inseparable. I don't know why, though. We can be so different at times. . . But also exactly the same." I said. "Merle can be an asshole, though. Daryl and I are just closer for some reason."

"If it wasn't for the age difference, I woulda guessed you two were twins. I've noticed that much." Dale said. I smiled.

"Do. . ." I stopped smiling. "Do you think we're gonna find Merle? I feels so wrong not looking for him."

"We just can't find the time anymore. We all know he's alive, Jasmin." Dale tried to comfort me.

"We don't even know the time anymore." I chuckled. "Don't you find that weird? All hell breaks loose and people start dying and going missing, you don't even know what day it is. Or even the month. . . You just don't know anymore. Maybe if I had a watch or something, but. . ." I trailed off. "What am I even talking about?" I laughed, shaking my head. Dale laughed, too.

"I've got a pocket watch. Here, you have it." Dale said, taking out a silver pocket watch on a chain. "Still works. I don't have any use for it." He said, putting it in my hands.

"Are you sure? I don't--"

"Seriously, Jasmin. Take the damn watch." He laughed. I smiled and put it in my sweater pocket.

"Thank you." I said. He smiled and nodded, standing up and walking away. I looked at the time. 8:16pm.

I looked out the window and a car pulled up.