𝟬𝟬. ❝𝙇𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟭❞

Halloween 1981 Godric Hallows

Halloween 1981
Godric Hallows

HALLOWEEN 1981 was to some wizards perhaps the happiest day of their life's and to others, the worst. Remus Lupin had lost the people he loved that night, a night that was supposed to be a fun night, cause it was Halloween. But the last, cold, rainy day of October left him heartbroken.

"Remus," he heard Professor Dumbledore's soft, drawling voice in his ear coming from behind him. Dumbledore had several feet of long silver hair and beard, half-moon spectacles, and an extremely crooked nose. Remus would trust Dumbledore with his life, but why would he have let this all happen.

Remus had his goddaughter in his arms, Roxanne Andromeda Black, tears streaming down his cheeks while the one year old baby was sleeping in his arms, snoring peacefully. Roxanne had just witnessed James and Lily's death. Remus assumed she didn't understand anything she saw, cause she was just a baby of course.

The tears of Remus weren't only because he lost his best friends, it was also because of Harry and Roxanne, knowing he wouldn't see them in a long time. As much as Remus would've loved to raise Roxanne as his own daughter, he couldn't, he couldn't take the risk, he couldn't take care of her knowing that once a month he might could've hurt her.

"You can't take care of her Remus." Dumbledore said softly, reminding Remus of it again, making him scoff a little.

Remus let out a knowing sigh, he was a werewolf, and he knew he wasn't in the right mental state to raise a child. "I know, I can't take the risk, but who else does she got?" Remus said with a quavering voice.

But he didn't want her to live somewhere she'd dread, somewhere cruel, somewhere unloved. He trusted Dumbledore of course, but he didn't want to leave her all alone, he didn't want to leave his little Rosie alone in the cruel world.

"Leave that to me, Remus, get some rest, it's been a long day."

Remus looked at the man in disbelieve. "Are you dense? I'm not leaving my goddaughter without knowing where she'll live for the rest of her life Dumbledore."

"She's got some family left—"

Remus cut Dumbledore off, knowing how cruel the Black family was, knowing how they were and what they'd done. "You're not leaving her with that mad family—"

"Andromeda and Ted Tonks," was the only thing Dumbledore said. Remus felt silent, Andromeda was Sirius' favourite cousin, Roxanne was even named after her. Andromeda married the muggle-born Ted Tonks and got disowned, burned off the Black family tree.

It didn't seem so bad for Roxanne to be raised with them. "Am I allowed to visit?" Remus asked

Dumbledore nodded. "You'll see her again, when the time is right Remus." Which for Dumbledore meant no. Remus wanted to argue with the headmaster of Hogwarts, but he had just lost his friends, he wasn't thinking straight, Dumbledore had his reasons.

"Can I go with you until we've reached the Tonks'"

Dumbledore hesitated. "You should rest, Remus."

Remus wanted to argue, he wasn't even allowed to say goodbye to his goddaughter. "She's my goddaughter," He tried to reason.

"This is the best we can do for her Remus, she'll live far away from any danger in a family where she's loved, I promise," Dumbledore said, giving Remus a sympathetic look.

But Dumbledore had lied. He didn't send her to Andromeda and Ted Tonks, Sirius Black's favourite cousin, instead. He sent her to an orphanage, not just any orphanage, wool's orphanage in London.

Remus was blind to believe that Dumbledore had sent her to her relatives. Remus was already out of the country when it happened. He had sent a letter to Andromeda a few months later, questioning how Roxanne was doing. Only to get a letter back from a confused Andromeda, cause from what she had heard, Roxanne was living with her grandmother, Walburga Black.

   Walburga Black, the mother of Sirius and Regulus Black, the woman Sirius hated the most. He was the disappointment of the family, disowned and burned off the family tree. Yet, Walburga Black absolutely adored his daughter Roxanne. Perhaps it was because she always wanted a girl, she always wanted to raise a daughter — or she felt as if she had a second or even a third chance with Roxanne, to raise her the way she wanted Sirius to turn out to be.

   On the first of November, the day after Sirius was sentenced to a life long imprisonment in Azkaban — it had already got on the daily prophet. Walburga felt as if she succeeded, that her oldest son finally had chosen the Dark Lords side like she wished him to do. She was curious about his daughter, cause she knew the mother wasn't present, she wanted to know with who Roxanne was living.

   Soon she figured that Roxanne wasn't with any other family member, not even at the Tonks', she found out that Lupin, Roxanne's godfather, left the country. She finally figured out that same day that Roxanne was at an orphanage, and since Remus was her rightful legal guardian as Roxanne's godfather, she blamed him for sending her granddaughter to an orphanage.

   She got her out, adopted her out of the muggle orphanage which seemed like the easiest way. And raised her until Christmas 1983, when Walburga died.