Chapter 5

The three sat out there for a while. Zayn and Louis continued their conversation, Harry just listened.

The skies had turned dark, lanterns casting shadows over the boys.

"Are you alright?" Zayn turned to Harry, who had his arms wrapped tightly around himself.

"Yes, yes. Of course I am." Harry nodded, though his teeth were chattering a little.

Louis huffed, shrugging off his own jacket. "Might not be quite up to your standards princess, but it's all I've got for now." He held it out to Harry.

Harry thanked him quietly, surprised that Louis had actually payed any attention to him.

"I want it back mind."

"Of course, I'll bring it down tomorrow. Thank you." He pulled the jacket on, tugging it around himself. "Are you okay though? Are you not cold now?"

"No, I'm fine. Going home in a bit anyway."

"Yeah, I probably should too." Zayn nodded, "it was nice to meet you properly Louis."

"You too." Louis reached across to shake his hand. "Next time you're coming through the village though, please refrain from waving at my sisters. I know it's all friendly but I can't deal with the screaming about it all day." He chuckled, "they're bloody in love with you."

"I'll try and come over to say hello instead." Zayn laughed, standing up. "Right, I better be off. I'll see you tomorrow Harry. See you soon Louis."

And with that Zayn walked off, giving one last wave before he was out of sight.

"Goodbye Louis." Harry waved, "would you like this back to walk home?"

"No, I don't live too far. Just make sure I have it back by tomorrow."

"Yes, of course. Goodbye."

Louis just nodded at him.

//

"Your highness, where've you been? It's late!" Charles scurried up to Harry as he walked through the doors. "And that jacket isn't yours."

"It's okay, I've just been down at the stables with Zayn, and the jacket belongs to him." Harry decided it was best not to tell Charles he had been hanging out with a servant. Though he trusted Charles, you could never be too careful, and if Harry's father found out he wouldn't be too happy.

"Where is Zayn now?"

"He's gone home. May I just borrow the telephone so that I can make sure he got home safely? I promise I'll go straight to bed after."

"Yes, as long as you're quick."

"I will be." Harry nodded. "Thank you."

Harry sat down on the chair in the hallway, lifting the phone off its hook. He checked in on Zayn, who had arrived safely at home. Harry rearranged himself so he was sat with his knees up to his chest as he flicked through the phone book.

Eventually he found what he was looking for, Tomlinson. He dialled the number, checking over it to ensure each digit was correct.

The phone rung and Harry rested his chin on his knees.

"Hello, Louis Tomlinson speaking."

"Hello," Harry started quietly, "it's Harry."

"Oh. Hi. Did you need something?"

"No, I just wanted to check you were alright?"

"Why? Did you spike my drink or something?" Harry could practically see his arched eyebrows and bored expression.

"No! No, I would never do that. That's a horrible thing to do."

"Then why are you calling?"

"I just wanted to make sure you got home alright."

"Oh, yeah." Louis's voice softened. "I did, thank you."

"Okay, good. I really ought to be getting to bed now, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Harry. Thank you for checking in on me."

"Bye Louis." Harry smiled, happy that Louis had spoken more than a couple of words to him. And in a kind tone.

//

Harry looked up as someone entered the room. He was sat at one end of the table, Niall and Zayn around the corner on either side.

His father sat at the other end, his eyes boring into Harry's skull.

He glanced at Zayn, nodding up towards the door in a miniscule movement.

Zayn followed his gaze. Louis was stood there, dressed in a full butler's suit.

"Thought he was a stable boy?" Zayn spoke quietly.

"Me too." Harry agreed.

"Harry." A sharp voice interrupted him, "stand up."

"Father, not to disobey but may I ask why?" Harry chewed his lip, frowning slightly.

"My acquaintances want to get a good look at you." His stare remained cold.

"What for? I'm sorry father, I don't feel entirely comfortable." His voice was timid.

"Don't speak back to me boy, stand up."

Harry looked around, face after face was staring at him, looking at him hungrily.

He blinked, gulping a little. He stood up, straightening his suit but his figure remained hunched.

"Straighten up." The king instructed, "you're standing like a retard."

Harry's eyebrows were knitted together, his teeth digging into his bottom lip. He had heard his father call his brother that far too often.

The men around him laughed, as if he had just said something hilarious. Niall and Zayn sat silently, exchanging glances and unsure of what to do. Harry looked as if he were about to cry and all they could do was sit there.

"Take off your jacket. And your waistcoat."

"I'm sorry, I really don't feel comfortable-"

"Do as I say. Now. Don't be such a crybaby."

"Excuse me, your majesty. The first course will be served now." A voice interrupted the interaction, a voice which Harry recognised as belonging to Louis.

His father nodded, "very well. You may sit Harry, but we will continue this later."

Harry immediately took the chance, dropping to his chair and bowing his head.

"Are you alright?" Niall whispered.

"Yes, yes of course. I'm fine." Harry nodded.

"Harry." Zayn pushed.

"I'm okay, honest."

At that moment the servants came piling in, trays of food held within their arms. Harry thanked each person as they dished out whatever it was they had, smiling gratefully. His father however, didn't even mutter a word.

Harry vowed he wouldn't be like his father. He would be polite and kind. He wouldn't treat others as if they were less important than him, because at the end of the day they were all human, and all as important as eachother.

I need a place where you lot can help me choose between clothes and stuff lol

Also I really wanna share my creative writing from lockdown because ngl it was peng but idk where. Would you wanna see it?

Update I just made a twitter acc but idk how to use Twitter or anything so you'll have to bear with me. I probs wont use it that much but follow it please, it's the same user as this acc.

So yes it'll just be a place to interact with you lot I suppose (sorry if I don't use it too much) but FOLLOW