1. Only a Fool for You

A/N: this after the team stopped Perseus from detonating the nukes, Adler doesn't kill Bell.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team finally had some time to take a break and rest, all returning to their homes to recover from injuries, all except for Bell and Adler; Who really never got breaks. Bell sat at the table in front of the evidence board, they still had yet to catch Perseus. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose and rubbing her eyes, trying to stay awake and focused. Adler raised an eyebrow to her, setting his shades on the table and pulling her up. "Bell, go get some rest, we'll get back to this tomorrow." Bell looked at him and shook her head. "We gotta find him, he can't get away again, you've been chasing him for years. Just let me-" He cut her off. "No. C'mon, I'll take you home." 

Eventually after some back and forth arguing, Bell gave up and let him take her home. She ended up falling asleep on the car ride, to which Adler to her to his small home instead, carrying her inside and laying her on his bed. He'd had orders to kill her after everything was over, but fought like hell to change their minds, telling his boss Bell wasn't bad, she wouldn't do anything bad. But the truth is, he didn't know that. Just the thought of her being betrayed by the people she trusted, especially after she learned about the whole MK Ultra program and still being loyal to the CIA. He couldn't bring himself to end her life. And maybe that wasn't the only reason but he couldn't understand what he felt. He sighed and turned off the light, then turning on the lamp beside the bed. and sitting down beside her, gently rubbing her shoulder and grinning to himself. He'd make sure she was safe, that she didn't over work herself. She deserved a long break. He lit a cigarette and quietly breathed the smoke out, licking his lips. Russell was a little shocked when Bell's small hand reached up and grabbed the cigarette from him. "Smoking is bad for you." She whispered, getting closer to him so their noses almost touched. Adler grinned. "Is it now? I've been smoking for years, you cant save me by taking one cigarette." He joked, taking the cigarette back and taking another drag, then tapping it out on the ash tray and laying down. "Go to sleep, Bell." He turned off the lamp, closing his eyes; only to open them again when Bell laid her head on his chest. He didn't question it, wrapping his arms around her and smiling contentedly. "Goodnight, Russ." She said softly, yawning. Adler chuckled. "Night, kid."

----------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter :D soft, next chapter I think I'll do jealousy