stop running.

"I'm gonna come and get Maia, me and Angel wanna take her shopping and just you know spend time with my lil sister." Kaia loved living with Angel, she had a sister and bestfriend all in one, but she was also so attached to her mum and little sister that she called them almost every waking second of the day.
"Angel,hurry up we've gotta go get mimi in 20 minutes." Kaia groaned at her sister who was barely ready.
"Chill out bro, I'll be ready before you know it." She turned back to the mirror and began to blast her music. Kaia sighed as she got up, she knew that was her que to leave.

"Omg, mimi look how big you've gotten, you've gotta stop growing up on me!"
"Sis you've gotta chill, you legit saw me last week" Maia rolled her eyes as she got in the car.
"Yeah you definitely got your attitude from lil miss Angel over there, damn can't even baby my lil sister no more." the three of them laughed as Kaia began to drive away from the house.
"Wait, is that.." Maia and Angel asked at the same time, they both looked at each other before the both yelled "Turn that shit up right now Kaia!" and before Kaia could even respond Maia had already turned up the sound.
"I need my money right away, I don't know how to wait!" Maia and Angel belted out the lyrics so loud, Kaia was sure people in their homes could even hear, she reached for the sound and turned it down slowly.
"What you don't like even like Shiesty?" Maia questioned her rasing an eyebrow.
"I don't like anyone whose songs turn my sisters into lunatics"
"Maia ignore her in about 3 months she gone be screaming Big Blrd louder than us." they all began laughing at the thought. Kaia? rapping now that was a thought.
later that night.
"Nah you guys remember the time mimi got stuck inbetween the stairs and Jalen got his ass
handed to him that day!" laughter filled up the room for about a minute until the sisters realised what had just been said.
"Jalen" Kaia whispered to herself and before she knew it tears had began travelling down her face.

Jalen was a sibling like no other, he stepped up from such an early age, helping his mum and sisters out where he could, he juggled school work and football all at once and he was pretty damn good at it. Kaia and Jalen were always pretty close as they experienced the loss of their father pretty young and that made Jalen feel like he had to protect his sisters from ever being hurt. Jalen would have been 23 this year, every moment of since his passing Kaia wondered what she could have done differently to not have lost her brother to gang crime, perhaps not treating him like shit when he had no time to drive her places or making him feel that little bit more appreciated when he done the cooking after a long day of football training and work.

The girls looked at each other and words didn't need to even be spoken for them to understand how they all felt, Maia rolled up in a ball next to Kaia and quietly enough she cried herself to sleep. Angel hated crying so she did what she knew best, and she picked up her phone and searched through it desperately wanting somebody to talk to.
Kaia had learn to cope with her sisters shutting the situation out and avoiding it by any means possible so when Jalen died, she found herself being the only sibling who wanted to talk about him and in turn she quickly realised, because nobody was willing to go through that pain there wasn't a lot she could do. Throughout the years Kaia had lost friends, boyfriends and any other type of intimate relationship platonic or not through shutting anybody out in fear of hurting them the way she thought she hurt her brother.

Quite quickly Kaia found herself having to be strong for the rest of her family, but who's there to support the 'strongest' person?