Chapter 9

Namjoon's POV:
"Does Y/n know that you are aware of her mental status?" I was talking with Yoongi hyung.

"No. I think I'm just gonna wait for her to tell me"

"I could talk to her. I obviously wouldn't tell her that you know, but I could tell her that I noticed the signs. I could even tell her my story. Only if it's okay with you."

"She's an ARMY. I'm sure that she knows your past. But yeah, I'd be fine with that. You really know just how to help everyone." I said as I hugged him. "Thank you so much hyung"

"I'm gonna go talk to Y/n. I don't have anything to do today and considering that your phone has a few notifications, I can assume that she's off work too."

"Genius Yoongi still going strong" I said quietly to myself.

Y/n's POV:
I was watching tv when I heard a knock at my door. Namjoon had work, who would be here?  I opened the door and was greeted by Yoongi oppa. "Oppa, come in! What brings you by? Namjoon isn't here." I said as I got us some water

"I actually came to talk to you."

"Oh." Surprise clearly heard in my voice "what about?"

"I don't want you to get uncomfortable, but it's important that I tell you."

"Yoongi you do remember that I'm dating Namjoon. I hope this isn't a confession. I'm kinda scared of what else it could be."

"No not at all. I'm so happy for you and Joon. I like you, but it is strictly as friends. That isn't the point though... I know"

"You're gonna need to be a little more specific. What exactly do you know?"

⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️

"How long have you been cutting Y/n?"

I just blinked. My mouth hung open a bit. I could feel my tears threatening to well up in my eyes.
"I'm sorry, what did you just ask?" Shock couldn't be more noticeable.

"Y/n, you heard me. You know what I'm talking about. I'm not oblivious. I've been where you are. Joon said you're an ARMY, which means you most likely know my past. You were lying at the pool, your cuts opened right."

I slowly nodded, looking down, allowing my tears to fall. "You can't tell Namjoon" my voice cracked while I was crying. I buried my face in my hands.

Yoongi gently gave me a comforting hug. "It isn't my place. I want you to know that I'm here for you. I can help you overcome this, but you're gonna have to tell Namjoon"

"I know. I just don't want to scare him away" my voice betrayed me again as more tears started to fall from my eyes. "He's the first person to make me feel safe and loved. I can't lose that. Not after everything that's happened in my life."

"You don't have to tell me about it. Namjoon should be the first to know. And I promise you won't scare him away." He slightly chuckled with his last sentence "I've never seen him this in love before. He won't leave, and if he does, I'll beat his as*."

I laughed a little. "Thank you Yoongi. I just don't know how to tell him. I don't know if this is too early or not"

"You just have to do it. There is no right way, but if you tell him the truth then he can also help you. I'll tell him to come by tonight, that way you can get it over with. He won't get mad either, in case you're worried about that"

"I'm sorry, but are you a mind reader because that's exactly what I was thinking"

"No, I don't read minds. I've just thought the same thing before. Good luck tonight. Fighting!" He smiled and said as he walked out of my apartment. I'm doing this tonight. I thought is I breathed heavily. Yoongi was right, I'm gonna need that good luck.