17 - Dr Banner

I came out from the chair to look out at the building in front of us. The professor leans and holds onto my shoulders, "These people will try to hurt you, Alana. You know I won't let anyone hurt you, I want to protect you like you're my own daughter."

He turns me around and held onto the side of my face, "I don't have a family. You said I didn't need one."

"You're my favourite, Alana." He presses a kiss on my forehead. I don't feel...good or safe. I feel uneasy and have no safety from him. He smiles, "When you find that Doctor. Bring him to me."

"Yes sir," I whisper.

"We're ready to drop," Noah mumbles, "Tower is locked down and everyone is accounted for."

"Good. Everyone down, let's go. Bextley, take Alana with you."

"Lana, come here," Bextley spits at me. She shows me how to adjust the brace and locked me into the harness. She doesn't look at me. I can feel something is wrong with her. It's almost like she's hiding something dark from me. They all are.

She pulls the rope and lets me go down first. The professor also came down with me. This isn't going to be good. The professor holds my arm tight as he walks me into the tower, I look around then see a group of people staring at me.

"Milana?" I see Noah press the gun to the head of the gentleman then twitched. What do they want from me? I look at the ground, then felt the professor jerk my head up to face them, "What did you do to her?!"

"Nothing. She was raised to be like this. My Alana is the perfect girl."

"What did you do to her?!" Another person screams.

"Alana put her to sleep. She's too loud." I don't think I want to. I approach the woman, carefully raising my hand and touching her forehead. Her head jerked back and she was asleep in seconds, "The famous, Black Widow. She sleeps like a child."

"Mila it's us." The blonde-haired one says, "It's me, it's Steve. Don't you remember us?"

He's a friend. You can trust him. I twitched and felt the professor jerking me back to hit the ground, "Don't touch her!"

"I will do whatever I want to her Sergeant Barnes. She's mine now."

Bextley looks at me, she pities me. I stand up and look at the group of people, "Where is Doctor Robert Banner?"

There was a man who was feeling nervous. He's behind the one with the funny beard, "What do you want?"

"I need him for some help. I want him to fix Alana again. Like he did before." They stayed quiet, "Bextley. Get the rest of the team to collect the data from the lab. Alana, stay here. Don't let them move." I pick out my gun and look at the group again.

Bextley squeezes my arm and gave me a look as she walked away. The Professor walks to the man who was uneasy, I assume he was the doctor. What is touching me? I flinch and look down at the little cat leaning up against my leg.

Teague has told me multiple times that this is what I need to do, this is what I was raised to do, yet, I can't help this feeling that I need to stop. I think I need to be stopped, this feels wrong.

"Alana," I turn back to the professor as he pushes the doctor to me, "Get him to show you the system and how it works." This doesn't feel right. I didn't move and the professor smacked his cane to my side, "Now."

One of the men stood up to hurt him, I held my gun up to his head, "Sit!" I order him. His body hit the ground and he was pulled to stay down. Just do what the professor says. These people aren't my friends.

The doctor fumbles with the switches and picked up the tablet, a faint green line goes up his neck. It's unnerving and makes my skin crawl, but I turn my attention to the boy hiding in the far-far corner. This doesn't seem right, this feels like...The man jerked his hand back and leans forward like he's hurt.

Wait. The Professor quickly comes over, and slams a metal spike into the side of the doctor, "Relax, Banner, relax." I try not to react as the man writhes in pain, and then falls back into the Professor's arm, dragging him down to the floor.

What the—Bextley stands the man up, hoisting him over the panel.

They won't let me go near them as they pull him towards the jet. He's resting, but something inside of him is..itching to get out. I can feel some much anger inside that man. Noah pulls at my arm, "We need to leave."

"What? They'll just stay put?" I whisper.

"We have incoming," Bextley snapped, "Let's just get the doctor and go." Bextley pulls my other arm and they both drag me towards the harness.

"Milana!" The man shrieks, "Mila, don't go with them!" I face them for a moment before Bextley makes me go back to the jet. I don't want to go with them.

When I tried to go back down, she pushes me towards the side of the jet, shaking her head, "Do not speak about it."

"I don't belong here."

"Keep it to yourself," She hisses, "They'll kill them all. If he hears you talking about them, they're going to die. Stay quiet, and stay low." The professor has the other gentleman down on the floor of the jet, he's looking at him as if he's proud of his catch.

There is still something angry inside of him.

"What happens to them?" I ask Teague.

He stands in front of me, holding my face as he smirked, "We'll be back for them soon. Right now, we have our new friend who is going to put you back to normal." I pull my body from his hold, staring at him. You're a bad person. 

I step backwards, sitting beside the man's body. He seems like he needs to be close to someone when he wakes up, I don't want him to hurt anyone.