21. Talks

Jisung looked tired when he entered the room, plopping down on his bed with a sigh.
"Heard you helped Hagrid again?" Seungmin asked, easily getting the attention from Jising.
"Yeah, the Nifflers are slowly getting older and they need more care so I helped him a bit more," he explained. "They're also starting to get claws so thats will start to get annoying soon too," he added with a laugh.
"Just don't forget your homework and studies while you're at it," Seungmin chuckled.
"I won't, I won't. Don't worry about it."

Once they stopped talking, Jisung seemed to instantly space out again, just staring at the wall in front of him, mindlessly fiddling with the sheets he was sitting on.

"Say, Jisung. There's something I meant to ask you..." Seungmin then spoke up again.
"What is it?"
"Your eyes."
Jisung's expression turned rather shocked, turning his head towards Seungmin maybe a bit too fast. "Wh-what do you mean?"
Seungmin took a small breath before he started talking. "You know, I asked you about a nightmare yesterday, right?"
"Yeah?"
"Well, you woke up screaming and... your eyes started glowing purple," he started to explain

The slight panic still painted on Jisung's face didn't match the calm tone of his voice. "Ah... maybe the nightmares came from my fever yesterday, I just didn't remember anything about it," he mumbled, dodging the fact stated about his eyes.
"Are your eyes the reason you need the glasses?" Seungmin wanted to know.
"Well, obviously," Jisung laughed in response.
"That's not how I meant it. I mean the colour shift of your eyes. I saw it last night and today in the hall too when the sun shone on them," Seungmin clarified, obviously not up for the joking Jisung tried. "It doesn't show up through the glasses, but even if you wear them, the sun still has the same effect if you look past the glasses."
"Are you sure you're not the one having a fever here?"
"Jisung, stop joking, please," Seungmin muttered, "it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but then make it clear and tell me that you don't want to instead of avoiding the topic..."
"It's not... that I don't want to talk about it... it's more," Jisung started, his eyes wondering through the room as he was searching for the right words, "I don't know how. There's probably not even a good explanation anyway."
"Well, thats a beginning at least!" Seungmin grinned, "just know that you can come talk to me whenever, okay? I'll listen, always."
"One day I'll find out where to start," Jisung smiled, "thanks."
"Anytime."

"Since we apparently made it a mini session on things we don't talk about if not confronted: how are things with Hyunjin?" Jisung then wanted to know.
"Same as always," the younger sighed, leaning back in his chair. "I went to the library with him today but it was all just as always," he muttered in a laugh, "so no news from my side."
"Maybe he's also just nervous," Jisung chuckled, "but if that's so, why don't we go to sleep, it's late and I'm tired..."
"Sure."

The next morning was a lot more lively it seemed, even though it was only one more person taking part in the conversation it felt a lot different.
"So I guess you rested well?" Chan laughed seeing that Jisung was a lot more talk-active and just less absent than the day before.
"Yea, definitely," Jisung smiled, "though I still could've slept some more..." he muttered, massaging the bridge of his nose.
"Just don't fall asleep in class," Minho joked.
"I'll give it my best. Otherwise, you'll probably know where to find me."
Minho chuckled lowkey, "yeah, probably. I owe you a nap anyway, don't I?"

"Did I miss something between the two of you?" Felix asked asked with an arched eyebrow, causing Jisung and Minho to lock eyes for a short second.
"I don't think so," they said in unison, making the others only more suspicious about what was going on.

"Well, class is starting soon, let's get going, " Jisung cut the conversation short, standing up to leave the hall.
Of course, it only made the other's even more confused but Minho also didn't answer their questioning looks and also stood up to go to class once the group fell silent.
"There's definitely something going on..." Seungmin mumbled, getting his stuff together, "I think we should investigate," he grinned, looking to Felix.
But before the young Australian could say anything, Chan got in between, "I think you should let them be and just go to class," he told the Slytherin off. "If I catch you snooping around-"
"Then what?"
"Then I can go tell Minho and Jisung and see how they'll like you snooping in their lives," the Ravenclaw threatened.
"Okay, okay, chill. I won't do anything out of the ordinary." Seungmin promised, swiftly leaving the Great Hall before he would get another lecture about how he answered. Felix quickly followed, having the same class as his friend and also to maybe make out a small plan in secrecy.

"Hey, Jisung. What did you mean with 'you'll know where to find me'"? Felix asked in between classes. "And how does one owe someone else a nap?"
"Oh, it was actually just a joke because he found me the last time," Jisung explained with a giggle, "and the owing thing was just part of it."
The two others just nodded with a frown, not daring to ask what exactly it meant after all, and instead they just went to continue their classes for the day.

________

*cough, cough* well hello there, i have come back out of my cave once again :')
I uhhh don't have a lot to say so,,,,, I hope you liked the chapter :D

I hope to see you soon(er) or in another fic/project (or on ao3 if you read ONF)

lotsa love, Phi~