Shirabu I

You lazily walked to your favorite fast food restaurant. You came here just about everyday. However now that summer has came around, you noticed a few new employees. Probably high schoolers trying to keep themselves busy for the summer. You were in high school as well, but you didn't find a job necessary. You worked as hard as possible all school year, why would you want to waste your summer working some more?

As you walked into the restaurant you immediately went to your usual table that you always sit at. You dramatically sighed as you waited for someone to come take your order. However, instead of seeing a familiar person take your order, it was one of the new employees.

"Hi, how are you?" He asked you. Even though his words were nice, you could tell that he was not. You deducted by his tone and body language that he didn't like interacting with people all that much.

"Good." You simply responded. "And you?" You then added in trying to sound polite.

"Anyways, what would you like?" He sighed, flat out ignoring your question. He jotted down your order as you said it and then abruptly left.

"Strange specimen." You muttered under your breath as he left.

"Yeah, he is." Another boy replied from a nearby table. You turned in surprise to face him. He was also probably a high schooler. He seemed slightly older than the waiter guy though, probably a 3rd year. He had spiky red hair and looked like he was on crack ngl. "He's just like that, by the way. Don't take his tone to heart."

"Alright, thanks." You said and then turned back around.

A few minutes later, the waiter came back with your food.

"Would you like any condiments? Ketchup? Mayo? Mustard? Anything? Tell me now before I leave." He asked you in an annoyed tone. At this point you were starting to wonder why he even worked here if he's just going to be like this. You just shrugged it off, thanked him because even though he may act like a bitch, your momma taught you to use your manners no matter who you're talking to. After you ate, he brought you your check, you paid, and you left.

It went on exactly like that for the next few weeks. Except sometimes the spiky redhead boy was there and sometimes he wasn't. Also you learned that his name is Satori Tendou and he's a middle blocker for Shiratorizawa and the waiter guy is called Shirabu and he's the starting setter for Shiratorizawa. Shiratorizawa: a national level team. Damn.

Today was all the same. You walked in. Had a small chat with employees you already knew, talked to Tendou a bit. Except this time when Shirabu came to take your order, he seemed more passionate?

"Alright, so if I remember correctly, it's (favorite food) with (favorite drink) and you would like some extra fries with that since you are often more hungry and tend to eat more on Fridays. Correct?" He had repeated your whole usual order without you even having to tell him. You were completely shocked. In fact, you still had your mouth open from when you were about to tell him what you wanted. "Alright, then, sounds good. Your order will be here in a bit." And with that, he just left, you hadn't even been able to say a single word.

"Wow, that's impressive. What'd you do, brainwash him?" Tendou commented as he barely walked in and sat down across from you.

"What the hell just happened?" You were still in complete shock from your whole encounter with Shirabu.

"Well maybe he has a crush on you?" Tendou suggested. "You ever thought about that? After all, you are a second year just like him, no?"

"S-shut up!" You yelled at Tendou.

"S-s-s-shush. It's okayyyy." Tendou silenced you.

You somehow convinced Tendou to drop the subject and started talking about a different matter. Before you knew it, Shirabu was already back with your food. "And 3 packets of ketchup and 1 packet of Mayo." Shirabu said giving you your condiments after he gave you your food.

"Hmmm. Someone has a crush?" Tendou teased him.

"Shut the hell up." Shirabu told him in response.

You gave Tendou an evil side glance as if you were plotting something terrible. Shirabu noticed that a gave you a small genuine smile, but unfortunately you didn't catch that. But Tendou did! After Shirabu left, Tendou told you about Shirabu's slight smile and started teasing the shit out of you. After 10 minutes of torture from him, Tendou finally had to leave. At this point, you were also done with your food. Shirabu came back and gave you your check. You filled it out and left him a pretty good tip. You then got up and started walking to the door. Before you could grab the door handle though, you heard your name being called from behind. You turned around to see Shirabu trying to catch up to you. You wondered what he could possibly want.

"You forgot something." He informed you.

"Oh I did?" You asked trying to look back at your table to see what you forgot, obviously not expecting him to bring it to you.

"It's fine, I brought it to you." He said, handing you a small piece of paper that you actually didn't recognize. You turned it over to see a phone number on it with an arrow pointing to it saying "Shirabu's #" Your eyes widened in shock and you looked up to ask him if he's sure, but he was already gone.

You texted the number later and it was, in fact, his number. You continued going to the restaurant for the rest of the summer. However, Shirabu then quit the job once school started again, but you continued to keep in touch with him. He eventually asked you out, y'all started dating, and it just went from there, but that's for a whole other story. This is just the story of how y'all met and lived happily ever after.

But at what cost?