I Missed You

It was 7 o'clock when I finished making dinner for Zac and me.

After months of traveling and filming for his new documentary series, he was coming back home, and I wanted tonight to be special. I missed the way he would look, touch, and kiss me when he was around. These past few months were torture, not able to be with him. When he was gone, we would sometimes have phone sex or sext each other, but it wasn't the same as having him here. Before dating Zac, I wasn't obsessed with sex, but after our first time, I enjoyed all the passionate and rough sex we had because he knew exactly how to fuck the way I wanted to be.

When dinner was ready, I went upstairs and got myself ready for tonight. I got in the shower for about 10 minutes and dried myself off. I straightened my hair and put on a bit of makeup because I knew Zac always preferred less makeup than someone who puts an overwhelming amount on. I went to my closet to put on my emerald mini silk dress. When I was finishing up, I got a text on my phone and went to check.

"Hey baby, I just landed, but the airport is pretty crazy right now, so I might be an hour or two late," Zac wrote to me

I texted back that it was alright and I'll see him soon.

A few hours have passed, and it was now 10 o'clock, and Zac was still a no-show. I tried calling him, but he didn't answer. He later texted me again, saying;
"Still stuck at the airport, there's an issue with the luggage and traffic. Go ahead and eat Y/N. I'm sorry, I love you!" 

I was upset that he wouldn't make it on time to eat dinner because I wanted him to feel welcomed after being away from home for so long. I went into the kitchen and took out food for myself. I slowly cut the steak and brought the fork to my mouth. I played around with my potatoes with the utensil, feeling so sad over the ruined night. I continued to sit at the dining room table, waiting for Zac to come home, but he still hasn't shown up from the airport.

It was now close to midnight, and still no Zac. I got tired of waiting around for him, so I went into the bedroom to lay down. Our bed feels so empty without him next to me. I loved how he would wrap his arms around me while cuddling.

I fell fast asleep once I got into bed.

After a while, I woke up to a loud bang coming from the front of the house. I got up to see what it was, forgetting that it might be Zac. When I reached the front door, I saw a duffle and backpack on the floor and noise coming from the kitchen. I walked over to the kitchen and saw Zac standing over the stove with the leftover food.

"Welcome home, handsome," I said to him with a slight smile on my face.

He turned around and looked over at me. A beautiful smile was put on his face when he did, and he ran over to me.