~DAY OF THE DANCE~

A/N: SORRY! this chapter took ages😫 i'll make it extra long for you guys ;)

💙Friday morning💙

Tikki woke Marinette up in a harsh little voice. 'I don't understand you Marinette. I thought you were in love with CatNoir and now you are flirting with who I thought was your "ex crush" ??'

Marinette opened her eyes and threw her pillow at Tikki, who narrowly missed it.
'We weren't flirting'

'You guys literally fell asleep on the call! What other proof do I need!?'

'Let me sleep more' she moaned.

'No Marinette it's school in half an hour, plus it's the day of the dance! We've been waiting for this day for agessss! Get up. Get up. Get uppp, nowwa'

'Okay fine i'm getting up' Marinette sleepily made her way down her bunk bed ladder.

'Now for something to wear' Tikki flew into her wardrobe and came out with an outfit.

'It's too early to tell, is it revealing?' Marinette asked her Kwami.
'What no. Of course not' Tikki threw the clothes at her.

'Are they black?'
'Noo just put them on'.
'Okayy'
Marinette dragged her feet to her bathroom to get dressed.

'You look very pretty!' Tikki said approvingly once Marinette came out.

'What's up with you this morning Tikki? You're never like this'.

'Someone needs to motive you. you're never this tired and it's all because of Adrien. Hopefully at the dance, he'll let you fall asleep on his shoulder at midnight'

'Yeh..' Marinette said dreamily.
'What- no. I was joking!'

💙At School💙

Marinette walked into the classroom.
she walked up to her best friends. 'Good morning'.

'Morning!' Alya hugged her.
'Today is the day!' she screamed.

'Indoor voices' Miss Bustier called.

They laugh quietly.

💙history lesson💙

Marinette's pov:
The teacher was droning on and I was lost in my own thoughts. CatNoir hadn't texted me yesterday. He usually texts every night or if not, then at least he visits.
I have no idea who he is behind the mask but he must have some sort of life that he needs to attend to.
To text me, he needs to be transformed otherwise that puts his identity at risk.
I wonder who he could be. No one in my class, they're all too.. innocent.
Although Cat would probably have to act different for people not to be able to tell who he is.
My eyes drifted across the room lost in thought.
Adrien usually sat in front of me but now there sat Sabrina. I look over to Sabrina usually sits. There sat Adrien. Next to Chloe.

Marinette mentally rolled her eyes.

I didn't want to but I couldn't help but re-playing the facetime conversation about the dance yesterday.
I wasn't actually scared of going, I just needed an excuse quickly and the dance was on my mind.
What he told me seemed oddly reassuring but soo sweet. I've never heard Adrien speak like that. I felt butterflies, which isn't right. I've got a boyfriend that I love. What if Adrien likes me?? No of course not.. he called me a friend yesterday.
I looked over at Adrien, he was already looking at me! I jerk my head back to the front of the classroom and then look down.
I'm going to start paying attention now before I get called on.