chapter 19

This time around Harry wasn’t as stupid as before. So when he realized he was closing off again because of the consuming feelings of guilt, he talked. Louis had hit him in the back of his head with a book. “Speak,” he’d demanded. And Harry had sat up on his bed a talked. He told Louis how he felt and it was actually relieving. Louis listened and Harry realized there was nothing to be afraid of. Louis didn’t think less of him and neither did he laugh or say anything to try to take the guilt away. Harry didn’t want him to do that either because he knew if Louis said he’d done nothing wrong they both knew he was lying. Louis just listened and then hugged him tightly and promised things were going to turn out okay.

The following week was hectic at Modest! Management, and also for Harry’s publicity team. After a long, long meeting regarding everything that happened they’d all come to the decision to try to fix things. Harry and Louis had had a whole hour of telling-off and Louis was on really bad terms with them. He wasn’t allowed to write on twitter or any social media sites for that matter, and Harry and Louis weren’t allowed out together if not planned by management. Of course they had said that before but now, Louis had a guard that wasn’t to leave his side unless it was an emergency. And Pete and James had been furious with Harry. After “the little stunt he pulled” by not telling them where he was the whole day back in Australia and not bringing his phone, they were not leaving his side for even a second. Normally, as Harry had noticed before, neither of them liked Modest in particular but now they were co-operating willingly with the security team on Louis’ side.
And the media was in chaos. After the pictures from Sydney of Harry and Louis had come to the public eye, no one knew what to believe. There were the happy tweets and the trending fight, then Louis was partying with some girl, but then a cute picture of them with ice cream on their noses together with a fan showed up. After that there had appeared photos of them from the rest of the last day and a certain picture of them in a restaurant was eagerly discussed. It looked as if they were kissing, but no one could be sure. The only thing that people were sure of was that they were holding hands underneath the table on their thighs, but of course Harry knew that wasn’t that innocent, that was actually Louis palming him and Harry gripping on to his wrist.
The hate for Louis was still massive and Harry hadn’t been able to take it. He had tweeted out,

Harry Styles
About the pictures of Lou, it’s not what you think

He hated that he couldn’t be more specific than that and the responses he got were good in a way but were even worse at the same time. Some people started to believe that the two weren’t actually dating and that Louis had done no wrong, but it fucking sucked at the same time because they were dating and Harry wanted them to believe that. But the tweet confused people more than anything and no one seemed to know what was going on.
Modest took it in their hands to fix the publicity situation. They were trying to make people think that it was their fault that Louis had gone out with a girl. They tried to make it seem like it was them trying to cover up that Louis was gay and dating Prince Harry Styles and like they were forcing Louis to do it and it made them look like the bad guys. It was actually quite gracious of them, but really Harry knew that they were just trying to fix things so they didn’t lose money, but he appreciated it anyway.
So as the week passed on, more and more people became certain that Harry and Louis were in fact dating. “Secret” meetings were staged and when Harry appeared on the Alan Carr show and they showed a picture of Harry sneaking out of Louis’ building he acted like he was surprised. He wasn’t surprised Alan had been told to do this.

“Looky here, Harry!” There was a picture of Harry with just-fucked hair and he looked tired. He had actually fucked, so he didn’t blame people for believing the pictures. “This is you trying to be sneaky and not so much succeeding to get out of Louis’ building without getting seen. Any comments?” He smirked.