CHAPTER 11

Pandora walked into Nikita's room after the competition had finished that afternoon, and unfortunately to her, she and Chengxin did not even win the housewarming competition. The winners were Rio and Jiaqi who apparently got a tea set, but Pandora didn't understand how creative that was. But everybody seemed to like it because it was from an antique store.

'Hey!' Nikita said happily while she was lying on her bed. 'Look who finally visited.'

Pandora ignored her and sat down on the bed. 'I came to tell you about that task you asked me to do.'

'How did it go!?' Nikita sat up excitedly. 'What did you find out?'

Pandora felt guilty, it seemed Chengxin misinterpreted her. But then again, as long as she was going to stay away from Chengxin after that, nothing would occur between them. 'Well, he's a bit too confident. I don't know if you like boys like that.'

'It's fine, I kind of knew he's a bit too confident. What else?'

'Um he easily jumps into conclusions?' Pandora answered in a bored tone.

'You're not really giving me much details,' Nikita sat up and hugged her pillow.

'Well...he likes pretty girls and you fit that description.'

Nikita smiled and flipped her hair. 'Thanks. That's it?'

'Yeah. He doesn't really seem to know his type. He said whoever as long as she's pretty.' Pandora shrugged.

'Thanks Pandora, I really appreciate this cause I really love like that guy...like, I'm crazy about him.'

Pandora gave her a frozen smile. But she reminded herself everything would be okay. As long as she avoided Chengxin it would be okay, and chances of them pairing again were probably slim. Besides, maybe Chengxin just flirted with her as a one-time thing and wasn't actually into her. Yes, that made sense.

Meanwhile, Chengxin walked into Jiaqi's bedroom where he was sitting with Yaxuan and Haoxiang. The three of them were watching videos on Yaowen's laptop.

'Guys, you won't believe this.' Chengxin said as he opened his soda can, met with a fizz. 'I finally figured it out.'

'Figured out what?' Yaowen asked in a bored tone, impatient to look back at the laptop.

'That Pandora girl...she likes me.' Chengxin sat down and joined the boys.

The other guys laughed, except Haoxiang who was merely shaking his head, showing complete disbelief.

'I swear she does. Okay, so we were paired up today and she kept asking me about what kind of girls I like.' he continued to explain. 'It was just so obvious. She kept talking about dating and all.'

Jiaqi put on a surprised face as he listened.

'Yeah, so that's the reason she hates TNT so much. Do you get it now? It's because she's so hardworking and she doesn't want a boy to distract her from her career, and I distracted her.'

'Whoa ok, so do you like her too?' Jiaqi asked with a raised eyebrow.

'Hmm...well. She's cute! And underneath that tough rude exterior, she actually has a cool personality. I enjoyed my time with her.' he took a sip of his soda. 'She's actually always been my favorite Apogee member.'

'She's almost everyone's favorite Apogee member.' Yaowen answered then pressed play on the video which had been paused. 'Anyway, if you get a girlfriend, that means you won't be paying much attention to me. Freedom!'

Chengxin laughed then smiled to himself as the others continued to watch their video.

...

That evening, Pandora decided to have supper with everyone else. Well, Nikita also wanted her to help with the cooking so she wouldn't say no. It was Nikita anyway, her favorite band mate who felt more like an older sister than a friend.