Chapter 1

Peter both loved and hated his birthday. He loved getting presents and all-you-can-eat cake and ice cream. But he hated how slow birthday parties can get. He hated all the family members coming and asking him when he was going to get a job. Sometimes they even got a little depressing, because Peter's birthday's always reminded him of how his father left the family, and how he didn't even know that Peter existed.

But this year was going to be different. Peter was turning 21 this year. He finally had a job too (kind of). And his father was even in the same building for his birthday. Granted, he had no idea he had a son, but at least he was here.

Peter wanted to go home on his birthday, but Raven told him he couldn't. She told him that they needed to take care of things at the mansion before he could leave. Whatever that means. Peter tried to reason with her but she didn't want to hear it, at least he's able to go home.

Peter really wanted to talk to his family right now. He decided to call his mom just to remind her that he was coming home over the weekend.

"Maximoff Residence." He heard her say on the other line.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" Peter said happily.

"Peter! Oh, Peter! Happy birthday, sweety."

"I just wanted to call to remind you that I'm coming over this weekend."

"Oh yes. We have everything ready for your birthday, we even have a couple of cakes done."

"Momma, who's on the phone?" He heard a smaller voice ask in the background.

"Lorna, come here Honey. It's Peter. Come wish him a happy birthday." His mother said.

"Happy birthday Pete!" Lorna, his little sister, shouted into the phone. Peter winced at the loudness.

"Thank you, Lorna." Peter chuckled.

"I can't wait to see you! I even helped decorate the cakes!"

"Oh, I'm excited to see them."

"You've been gone for so long, we have so much to catch up on!"

"Yes, we do."