"Wake up!" Kel shouted, shaking his brother, Hero, awake.

"Eh..Huh? Did I oversleep? What's wrong?!" Hero blinked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"No, and nothing's wrong, but" - he gestured with his hand to the direction of the front door and smirked - "you need to get up. Mari's here for you~"

"Oh!" Hero felt his face heat up a little at the thought. He really liked Mari, and she liked him too, so they had somewhat of a parental role to everyone else in the friend group. However, the two could never officially be together because Mari's father wouldn't allow it.

"Fix your bedhead first, I'll tell her you're on the way down!" Kel grinned, exiting the room. He could be heard running to the front door.

Hero smiled to himself a little, grateful that his little brother was helping him out. He quickly jumped out of bed and got dressed, tidying his hair a little bit and rushing out of the door, not wanting to keep Mari waiting. He briefly wondered what she could've wanted, but it didn't matter to him much.

He left his room to find that Mari was sitting in the living room, waiting. She got up with a smile when she saw him. "Hero!"

Hero couldn't help but smile back. "Hey, Mari! Good morning." He was about to ask about why she was visiting, but she interrupted by grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the front door. "Come on!" Mari laughed.

"Woah, woah, wait- What exactly is happening? Where are we going?" Hero stammered, hesitantly allowing Mari to drag him along and out the door.

"A date! I'm taking you for a date. We'll discuss it on the way! We can do whatever you like! But I had an idea for the afternoon so we need to stop by my place and pick up something I forgot to bring."

"Wha- A date?! But- Mari- Your dad-" Hero stuttered.

"Don't worry; today, it's only us! The rest of the world falls away. It's the last day on Earth!"

Hero was confused about what Mari had said, he wasn't sure if she was making a reference, pretending, or implying something deeper.
"Mari...? What do you mean? That was a joke, right?"

Mari nodded. "Don't worry! But we can imagine that we're the only ones left for today, then it will be even better. I wouldn't mind if you and I really were the only ones left in the world." She giggled, to which Hero blushed.

"M-Mari, don't say things like that! It's... Embarassing..."

Mari chuckled some more. "Aw, but you're so adorable when you're embarassed!" She insisted, gently poking Hero on the tip of his nose before turning around and continuing with the walk until she reached the front door of her house.
"I'll be right back; just wait out here."

Hero nodded, waiting as she told him to. He noticed a lack of people outside, which was somewhat surprising in their neighbourhood on a day as nice as today. The sky was cloudless, just a bright shade of - actually, the sky didn't even look like the sky. Before Hero could realise that anything was wrong, Mari was back, carrying a large box which looked extremely heavy.

"Let me carry that for you!" Hero insisted quickly, taking the box out of her hands - and his suspicion was proven to be correct, it was indeed extremely heavy.

"Careful!" Mari warned, as Hero flinched a little as all of the weight of the box shifted into his arms.

"What did you put in here, an anvil?" Hero joked.

"Two anvils!" Mari joked back with a wink. "Nah, I'm just kidding. You'll see soon enough! No peeking."

Hero simply laughed nervously in response, not entirely sure what was happening or what to say. "Where are we going?"