𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 : 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚝

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚙:

In 1913, their grand escape was finally taking place, just a little bit more and the three of them would be finally free the grasps of Antonio de Silva. Not until Miguel Zacarias followed them, and the family guards behind him. Mercy and Iago were sent back to the house, while Mirasol was taken away. It was then revealed that Iago was a de Silva bastard, a son of a whore at that, and had gotten Mirasol pregnant. Iago was locked up inside the basement that night, the following morning (Christmas), Marisol's body was found on the river with multiple st/bs on her stomach. Iago spent nine days in their prayer room, praying and wishing that Marisol and their child would find their way into another world. He then left the earthly world in the hopes to meet the only love of his life for the second time, Mercy was the one who found his l/feless body hanging on the ceiling fan (reference to chapter 25).

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

DEATH WAS SOMETHING INEVITABLE like what Alejandra used to say, everyone dies and everyone leaves eventually. Freddie Thorne was dust, and to dust, he shall return. It wasn't the war that took Ada's husband in the end, rather it was the pestilence. Mercedes can understand how her best friend feels right now—losing a loved one was one of the worst kinds of pain you could experience, and now regret hung around the widow. She has many regrets in life now that her husband is no longer with her—regrets for not truly expressing her love for him, for not making him feel special in the sense she had always intended, for all the fights they had back then when she couldn't support him in his darkest and lowest times. 

Ada wanted him to come back, right back in her arms. The way Freddie used to hug, kiss, and touch her would forever haunt her for the rest of her life. All she had left was their child and a bag full of memories to embrace as long as she lives. 

She came to regret letting him slip through her fingers.

Thomas said grief was the price that we pay for love, "I'll hold Karl, go talk to your brother," Mercy smiled gently at Ada, taking her godson into her arms, the widow moistened her lower lips and nodded slightly before following Thomas. 

Karl giggled at his godmother, completely oblivious of what was happening. Mercy often wondered how could Ada tell her son that his father had passed on, she looked at the innocent babe with a wistful smile, "Cici, play flowers Soli!" Karl would be turning two in a few months, and some could say that the toddler was quite gifted as he's already able to speak a few words.