Chapter 1

It was a hot summer day in August. Dean finally got up to get ready for work. As he rolled out of bed, the springs creaked and groaned underneath him. "I need to get a new bed and soon." he thought out loud. "Maybe I can just sell the shop and get a better job." He gets up and starts to make the coffee before getting his work clothes which consists of just jeans and a t-shirt. Kind of pointless to wear a suit when you're under a car all day, right? As Dean finishes in the shower, he dries his hair and throws on his clothes. He walks into his bedroom and looks at the clock. 7:56am. "Crap! I'm gonna be late again!" he yelled as he ran to pull his boots on and grabbed his keys. He turned the ignition on of his black 1967 Chevrolet Impala and races out of the apartment building parking lot. He runs a few red lights but nothing horrible.

He finally makes it to work only about 20 minutes late. "Okay, not too bad." Dean gasped as he got out of the car. He started walking to the building when something caught his attention. It was another car in the parking lot. A dark grey 1972 Dodge Challenger. It took a moment for him to realize his surroundings. "A customer is already here?" he thought. Dean quickly threw his stuff on the desk in the back room. When he walked through the door behind the counter, he saw a man. Not much shorter than him. Messy black hair and he wore a white button-up shirt with black slacks. For some reason, Dean couldn't take his eyes off the man. It wasn't until the man turned around, met his gaze and spoke that Dean finally returned back to reality.

"Hi, I'm Castiel Novak. My car needs to be checked. The ignition is having a real hard time turning. I tried taking a look but I couldn't find anything." Castiel explained.

"Yeah, sure. I can take a look!" Dean smiles.

"Thanks. And to be honest, I'm not really a car person so I actually had no idea what I was looking for." Castiel laughs as he pulls out his information.

Dean laughs quietly as he taks the papers from Castiel.

"Go ahead and park it around in the first garage." Dean says with a smile.

"Okay! Thanks so much." Castiel perked up and walked out to get his car.

Dean followed his every step until he realized where he was walking. That Dodge outside belonged to Castiel. When the engine turned on, it sputtered for a couple seconds but finally turned over. Castiel managed to get it into the garage and turned off the car.

"Yeah, I can see what you're talking about. An engine is definitely not supposed to make that sound. Dean stated while eyeing the car. "Just give me about 45 minutes and I'll see what I can do."

"Great!" Castiel said, walking away. He started to open the door to the waiting room but stopped. He walked back to Dean. "Hey, by the way, I don't think I caught your name."

"Oh," Dean stopped in his tracks. "Dean Winchester."

"Hmm, well thanks for checking out my car, Dean." Castiel said with a smile.

"Yeah, umm. N-no problem." Dean stuttered.

He liked the way his name slid off of Castiel's tongue with ease. Castiel walked back to the waiting room as Dean continued to work on the car. Dean smiled as he went over the events of the last 10 minutes.