Prologue

I WAS just looking at the window, thinking about my idol when I heard my name coming from my teacher's voice. " Selene, you're not paying attention to my class again." Arghh here she goes again. I hate History, that's all. I thought while rolling my eyes. "Since you didn't listen to me again, I want you to report to the class next week about Captain Kim, our national hero"

"What?! How can I report that? As if I lived in their lifetime" I said as I was shock that she's giving me that kind of assignment.

"I'm expecting you to come to my class with the report next week"

" But I don't know anything that happened to him?! Oh I wish I lived the same time as him so I can give you a full report?!" I said as I was gritting my teeth out of frustration.

" Don't use that tone on me young lady, I'm still your teacher. And be careful of what you wish for" with that she left the classroom while I'm still frustrated thinking how can I make the report in just a week.

I CAME home thinking of my teacher's last sentence before she leaves the classroom. Be careful of what I wish for? As if it will really come true, and besides I didn't really meant that. Who would want to live in time where wars are everywhere? I just shrugged it off and went straight to my room to change. After I changed, I went straight to the kitchen and saw my grandmother cooking my favorite food. "Hey princess, how's your school?" My grandma ask me like she always do. " Just like before, no exciting happend. But my teacher gave me a really hard assignment" I said exaggeratedly that made my grandma laugh. "And what is it that make you look like your going to faint while doing it?" She asked while giggling.

" She asked me to report about our national hero, Captain Kim" I said while pouting. My grandma became silent for a second but after a while she giggle while pinching my cheeks. "You can do that princess, you're smart I know you can do it. And besides we have a lot of history books in our library, you can find it there later" she said while still pinching my cheeks and smiling at me. We already ate after our talk.

AFTER eating, I went to our library to find a book about Captain Kim. It took me hours to find it. I was about to open it when my grandma come inside to give me a necklace, I was confused and asked her but she just stay silent and leave the room. I was left there confused but I just shrugged it off and proceed to reading the book. I was reading the fifth page of the book when a picture of something caught my attention...

The necklace.... It looks exactly the necklace grandma gave me...

I was confused as I keep reading the book. I'll just ask grandma, maybe she knows. I thought while I'm cleaning up. I'm running to the stairs when I stripped and fell. And the last thing I remember is my grandma's worried face while running to me.