Chapter 5: Consequences and Backyard elimination

I woke up to people screaming and yelling in the front half of the house. Devin was still asleep so I crawled out of bed over him to see most of my room still asleep. I shut the door as I walked out of our room trying to help people sleep as much as possible. I get to the kitchen to start cooking up my breakfast and what do you know Parker pops out. "Hey Katalina, I need to apologize for my behavior last night. Especially because I had never actually talked to you about my crush on my partner. Who I realized last night is just going to be my partner because I don't want to force him into a relationship he doesn't want. I'm very sorry for throwing a drink on you and when Devin wakes up I'm going to pull him to talk to him about last night and apologize. I definitely acted very immature last night and realized that me drinking and being childish would not help my team get very far because I would be pulling a Rylan. Again I'm very sorry for what I did and I hope you can find some way to forgive me for how I behaved and possible if you'll forgive me for what I did to Devin because I know that was uncalled for as well. I would just like to be your friend and start over if that is possible," Parker said to me and stopped because someone came up behind me and touched my shoulder. "Parker do we have an issue this morning or did we work everything out last night when you threw a drink at her," CT said and then I felt another hand on my other shoulder. "I believe insulting her and throwing drinks on her is enough for the time being. What are you hassling her about now," Devin said rather crudely and he moved his hand down to take my hand that was by my side in his. "Now boys play nice, she was just apologizing for the behavior she pulled while she was a drunken toddler last night. She also would not like to pull a Rylan and wants to become friends again and work through the season. Now Parker I can tell you that you'll never be my best friend but we can be acquaintances. After your ugly behavior last night I wouldn't consider us friends from one apology. It'll take a lot more to rebuild the small amount of trust I had built with you in the time we had been here. Now you said you needed to talk to Devin so I'm going to take my partner and me yummy tea and head to the front room. Come on CT everything is okay," I said as I squeezed Devin's hand before letting go and grabbing my tea and pulling CT out of the room. "Remind me why we are leaving girl who likes Devin with Devin to talk when you also like Devin," DT said to me which caused me to stop and turn and look at him. "Like it or not Parker is Devin's teammate so they have to be on somewhat decent terms. Last night they had a blowup over things that Parker had been keeping to herself. She apologized to me about her behavior and explained that she would apologize to Devin about her behavior. I know she likes him and I can't blame her for that; but I trust Devin," I said which made CT look at me as we sat on the porch swing outside. "You really are a peaceful person if you can be, aren't you," CT asked me which caused me to chuckle and smile. "Of course, I don't want to see fighting if we don't need and last night could have been solved with one sober conversation instead of a drunken fight on her part. I also want her to know that I don't fully trust her but I have forgiven her because everyone makes mistakes. Are you telling me you haven't made your fair share of drunken or angry mistakes while being here on the challenge. Before you say no remember Tony is my friend back home so he knows some of the shit you've done on past challenges. It only takes one phone call to find out," I said while laughing as CT laughs and puts his hands up in surrender. "You got me there I've been kicked off my fair share of challenges for fighting and doing things that weren't allowed. I mean I for sure wasn't always the calmer, older, brother dad figure on the challenge. I had my fair share of shit I went through to get to where I am. One of the many things that changed who I was and how I behaved was Diem. Meeting Diem while on the challenge really changed how I behaved especially as I got older and we were doing the challenges together. Now when I go onto the challenges I think about how Diem would have liked me to be remembered and that's how I behave. I also want to be a good influence to my little ones that are at home watching me," CT said with his thoughts trailing off. "I bet you miss her. I know I miss my mother. But Diem seemed to be the love of your life well that was before she passed. She may still be the one who holds most of your heart which truly hurts sometimes and I can tell you think about her. Especially on the heights challenge yesterday you looked up to the sky before we started. I don't know if you were praying to god we did well or remembering Diem for something she was probably terrified of knowing your luck," I said which caused CT to laugh. "Diem hated anything to do with heights. So anytime we do a heights challenge I'll look up to the sky as if saying I'm thinking of you Diem and I know you would have been terrified but you would have given it your all," CT said as Derek walked out and sat on the railing edge.
"Are we talking about D again," Derek asked to which CT and I nodded before Derek started talking again. "You know her original season was Fresh Meat 1 where I was her veteran. I got to see her start her journey for the challenge and then I think I was on the duel with you CT when you met D and that little love story started happening. You guys were always really good together. You know even with how she lost her battle and isn't here with us I still will look at the sky for heights challenges because I know she'd been kicking and screaming to get her out of here but not to let her fall. She was always one to watch. Katalina I would suggest watching D's seasons and then you can see your veteran here back in his prime when he was bashing heads in," Derek said with a chuckle causing CT to laugh and other veterans to come out on the porch confused. "Derek was explaining to me how my lovely veteran used to smash heads in and was the king of violence back in the day but now preaches words not fighting," I said while looking him dead in the face for him to frown and then start laughing. "In my defense now I've learned violence wasn't the answer and I've also learned that when partnered up if you do something stupid it affects your partner. I don't want to go home so of course I'm going to keep you from fighting people in the middle of the bar and then having round two in the kitchen this morning," CT which caused a lot of people to look over at me. "Wait, who were you about to fight last night. I'm confused on what happened last night because last thing I knew you were sitting with Devin chatting then I see you storm out later with Devin and CT and CT came back in the bar saying Devin took you home," Tori said. "Long story short Parker and Devin got into an argument. I went ot see what was going on and Parker threw a drink all over me and started screaming at me. Then Devin took her outside to try and figure out what the fuck was going on and Cara Maria and some of the others girls took me to the bathroom to clean me up. Apparently Parker has a crush on Devin and didn't tell him so she was mad at him for talking to me and isolating her. But I wasn't upset with that I was upset when Devin came back in from dealing with Parker outside. She came in and went back to drinking after having hit Devin across the face. He had a full hand mark across his face at that point I told CT and Devin I needed to go home before I started fighting her. Then this morning I come downstairs and she comes into the kitchen and starts talking to me and apologizing when the boys came in and put an end to our conversation. She and Devin are off talking I believe or he may be over that conversation by now there wasn't much there. I was just pissed off she threw a drink on me and then hit Devin all because she was intoxicated. Totally not cool. Them CT and I came out here and were talking about Diem and Derek joined us explaining CT past and outing him basically," I said which made faces changes from confused to slightly angry to trying to process the information. "Is that why I heard Italian and French being screamed last night," Bananas said causing everyone to laugh but look confused. "Ya, I was mad so I started in Italian then I tried to switch to English and ended up in French before getting to English. I was not the person to mess with last night. But it's a new day and a new start so we will see what today brings," I said as someone comes out the door. "Katalina, you've got a phone call in the confessional room. Someone from home apparently needs to speak to you now," Hunter said which made me get up and walk past everyone and head to where the phone is. "Hello, this is Katalina. What's going on that needed a phone call," I asked in a somewhat nice tone. "Well apparently a phone call from your best friend isn't warranted when you go away to your first challenge season," I heard the voice on the phone say. "TONY!!!!," I screamed loud enough that I could hear laughter outside of the door. "What the hell is going on? What's with the call? How's Alyssa? How are my little angels," I asked. "First slow down everything here at home is fine. Your father is adjusting just fine to you being gone. He says it's quieter without her here; which I kind of agree with you loud ass. Alyssa and the girls are fine they miss you and can't wait to see you once the season is over. Now I called because I need to know how you are doing and if there is anyone I need to spill the tea on when it comes to cast mates," Tony said which caused me to laugh again. "Well you don't know this yet but it'll probably be released soon that I was casted for a Fresh Meat 3 season. So I was brought in with a bunch of other rookies and then we had the veterans that chose us. I'm pretty good friends with my partner for sure. I also love a few of the female veterans and a few male veterans. One of those male veterans is super cute and definitely one I've been spending most of my time with. I don't think I'm allowed to tell you names of who all are coming I know you guys usually talk in group chats to find out but it seems like he knows who you are. Sounds like you have done a few seasons together. Either way I'm excited having fun, almost got into a bar fight last night, after being medically evacuated from the challenge but all is well here," I said with a smile on my face. "Well, I know that of the male veterans that I talked to that were going there are two choices for single guys that's either Derek K or Devin. So I'm going to assume you are talking about Devin since we've been on more challenges together than Derek and I have. Now if you have a good partner like CT, Bananas, or even Derek you will get really far in the game just by being with them. Remember we don't get into fights that looks bad on us we leave the situation first. We also don't hook up with people who have significant others that is a big no no. We watch our profanity because that is not something we want to deal with the backlash of especially since you are a lawyer. We also don't take medical evacuations lightly; I'm hoping they cleared you and you are okay to continue on with the challenge but be careful little butterfly. Hang on two little angels want to talk to their auntie really quick," Tony said which caused me to smile. "Hello auntie Kat. We miss you and can't wait for you to come back home. We love you auntie Kat. Keep kicking butt," the girls said before I hear Tony come back on laughing. "You heard them keep kicking butt and we all love and miss you back home. Your mother would be so proud of you right now. Fight hard and remember little butterfly; show kindness until you are kinder. So, it shows the strength beyond maximum measure. You've got this Katalina be strong," Tony said as he hung up and I was tearing up. I walked out of the room to see a lot of people standing there all confused as to why I was almost crying. CT and Devin were the first one's over to me. "Do you think my mother would be proud of how I've been so far on the challenge," I asked them while they both gave me hugs. "Absolutely, 100%," CT said making me smile. "She's proud of you for anything you try and put your heart into," Devin said which made me smile. After my phone call from home we were told to get ready for the elimination because we were getting sent off to this midday elimination. As we arrived to the backyard we see TJ standing there. "Alright I need Evelynn and Rylan down here please," TJ said and they walked down to join him. "Now as you remember the winning team has all the power to make a choice of who goes in. You can call for a draw this week or you can pick who goes in," TJ said without explaining what this draw was. Devin and Parker went ahead and chose to draw. "You chose the draw meaning any team that was not the winners in the last challenge are up for elimination possibility. Now I need each teams rookie to come down to the backyard floor. You choose draw meaning each rookie will pull out a rock from in this bag. Green is safe, red is going into elimination. However, this elimination is an old school exile elimination. Two teams leave team comes back. Hopefully you all packed your bags like you were supposed to," TJ said which caused some worries. "Alrighty rookies here we go, ladies first. Allyson you are first," TJ says as Allyson pulls a green stone. "Katalina, your up," TJ says as I approach and pulled out a rock when I flip my hand over I knew. "That's a red rock. Sorry Katalina and CT looks like you'll be joining Evelynn and Rylan in this elimination. Off we go get in the van," TJ said as all other contestants got on the bus to go back to the house. I smiled Devin sadly before getting into the van to head to exhale. "Don't panic. It'll be a race of some sort with weighted bags and you'll also need to remember that we have to pace and doing puzzles. Just breath and we will be fine," CT said to me grabbing my hand which made me feel better. We got to the exile and hopped out of the van. "Today you will be racing with the weight of your belongs you brought on your back through the trees until you get to puzzles that have to be solved before grabbing the flags and continuing on. First team back will head back to the house losers head to redemption," CT said which made CT and I look at each other. I brought one bag that weighted about 60 pounds. I was a light packer. TJ sent us off so CT and I picked our bags and we took off running, my bag was hurting my back but I toughed it out. We made it to the first puzzle which was a tangram which are my favorite. I took my bag off and rearranged the piece is about a minute. I went to grab my bag and CT had already grabbed and he pointed to the flags and I grabbed it and took off. We ran for a long time straight up hill and I noticed the second puzzle. I hurried and got there and started solving it while CT was approaching the puzzle. I finished the puzzle and grabbed the flag as the other team showed up so we took off running and again. It wasn't long until we were at the third and final puzzle. We worked on the final puzzle together and I took my bag back as we then turned with all three flags and took off to find TJ. We approached TJ just seconds before Evelynn and Rylan popped out of the forest. We had one. "Congratulations Katalina and CT jump in the van and head back to the house," TJ said as we walked to the van and jumped into it and sat down. "Alright puzzle queen. Also we did it little one. You won your first elimination even if it was an exile. How happy are you to go back and see Devin. Also your back how does it feel because I know it was hurting from yesterday," CT said to me. "It hurts a lot but I can be tough enough to not let myself done about it. My bag was heavy but not bad enough that I couldn't/ shouldn't have carried it the whole way myself. Also I'm happy to go see Devin. Why wouldn't be he's my guy. Sorry your my partner but he's Dev," I said with a shy smile. "He's a find guy little one. You'll be okay to trust him. Just remember to talk to me and everyone else too. Couples get in trouble by secluding themselves from others," CT said to me which I nodded and the van stopped. I could hear people coming out to the porch and CT swung his door as I slide mine open. "Can't get rid of me that easily," CT said as people smiled clapped and hugged us both, me lightly because of my back. I looked around until I found Devin who was smiling at me and shaking his head. Derek and some other veteran guys shove him over to me so he hugs me slightly tighter than others did. "I'm back Dev. I did it! I won my first elimination," I said and he pulled away and laughed so everyone looked confused. "She just said look I did it I won my first elimination," Devin said causing everyone to laugh. " If that ain't true. She did all the puzzles throughout the entire run a trail. She also carried a bag that weighs as much as her luggage that came here on her back for half of the running. I took it for a little bit because I felt bad that she was running with it on her back and it was pounding on her bruises. She was also running it the fastest fucking speed up ever seen," CT said which caused me to smile at the ground. "They where can a grams my favorite puzzle. Also the last one is kind of difficult with all the spelling and weird words but luckily I'm not that incompetent and I could figure it out. Also to much credit I was running but I also didn't have a backpack on for half of it so that's the reason I was in front of him. I did however drag his ass across the finish line because I knew that if we didn't both finish that we technically weren't done. Evelynn and Rylan were right there when I finish dragging CT across," I said while CT threw his hands up. "Y'all dad bod and cardio do not mix. Thank you but no," he said as everyone laughed and we all went inside and I went back towards my room to grab clothes so I could go shower. "What was it like being out their at the elimination or exile," Cara Maria asked. "Well TJ mentioned that Evelynn and Rylan would be going to a redemption house. So I don't think people are really out of this game once they are eliminated. But I need to go take a shower because I stink," I say as I get kissed on the check by Devin who came into the room. "You two are going to be so cute if you ever end up becoming an actual couple," Cara Maria said as I was leaving to go get into the shower. I went and got in the shower and as soon as I got out there was commotion going on downstairs. I walking down the stairs when I missed a step and fell flat on my ass. "Holy shit are you okay," I heard CT said as he was laughing and I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. CT walked over and picked me and put me on my feet. As he set me up I see others looking at me and laughing really hard so we were all laughing. "I'm good. I just lost my footing because I heard screaming and missed a step. I'm good I just fell flat on my ass," I said while I was laughing. I wasn't even embarrassed at this point. "What the hell was the commotion going on downstairs that made me fall," I said which caused people to stop laughing. "Parker was popping off against Allyson who was defending you for liking Devin and not telling Parker yourself that you like her partner since she said you guys were rookies. She feels like you did her dirty by going behind her back and flirting with her partner. They were arguing and Sophalina tried to jump in and defend Parker for her actions. The rookie girls were starting to gang up on Allyson so then the veteran girls started to try and deescalate the situation and they pulled Allyson upstairs to the guys and then we heard a loud thump and CT is coming to pick you up," Derek said to me which caused me to be upset. I looked around to see if Devin was around for the whole issue. "He's in the confessional right now. He had a phone call and then they asked for him to do a confessional," Derek said understanding who I was looking for. "Okay, when he gets out will someone sent him upstairs please. Also CT can you bring me some ice for my back," I said as I walked away to go into my room and lay on my bed. It wasn't long before CT came back up with ice and Devin following him. I was laying down as CT put the ice on my back and then sat across from me and Devin sat down on my bunk picking up my legs and then started rubbing them. "You missed it Devin. Parker started badmouthing Katalina while she was in the shower and couldn't defend herself so then Allyson jumped in. then the rookies all teamed up against Allyson that she needed rescued by the veteran girls. As soon as we got her upstairs we all heard a thump Katalina missed a step and fell flat on her ass on the stairs," CT said while laughing at the second half of it. "Ouch, are you okay? Also the fact that Parker is being extra and annoying. I wish she wasn't my partner and if there is a chance to swap I will be swapping. She's being way to childish, especially to have a go at you when you aren't in the room isn't okay. But seriously are you okay," Devin asked as I sat up and he moved so that he was laying down and I could cuddle up to him while he rubs my back. "I'm okay. I mean my back hurts from the challenge today. My ass hurts from falling down the damn stairs. I'm also annoyed with Parker telling me this morning that she wanted to be my friend and then she did that when I was in the shower is annoying. I wish she didn't do that because now I feel like I'm going to have to watch our elimination again to see which ones will be swapping partner elimination so that I can get her to go away. Otherwise Dev, we are going to have a problem with your partner bad mouthing me all season," I said which caused him to pull me into him and kiss my head. "We will figure it out where I can get rid of her. Worse case scenario we remove her friends so that she has no one but her partner who doesn't support her. I've got your back princess. We got into an argument this morning when everyone went outside, so im pretty done with her attitude," Devin said and then he looks over to CT. "If it comes to it and you need to put us in there to get rid of her I know it'll be hard on princess here if I get sent to redemption house but we got to get rid of Parker," Devin said to which CT nodded before he stood and wished us well before he left us alone. "You know I'm sorry that your parent is causing all these problems. How was your phone call home," I said to Devin and he leaned forward to look me in the face? "Don't worry about my partner who is a hot mess. Just worry about not hurting yourself anymore," Devin said before leaning down and kissing me before pulling atay and rubbing my back gently.