Chapter 2: A Nurse's Job is To Heals Injured Soldiers

Over the next few days ensuing the attempted attack on the shelter, Ilyia has been making attempts to get friendlier with Almeric but to no avail. She then begun to shadow him around unbeknown to him. She took an interest to him after the events that occurred on their first official meeting, making Ilyia extremely curious about just what kind of person Almeric Soldaterin is.

"A person'll show his true colors when there's no one watching him.."

On the basis of this logic, Ilyia has successfully justified her stalker-like behavior(at least in her own mind to herself) and tailed Almeric around.

The daily activities that Almeric goes about..

He wakes up at 10am everyday, an unusual sight in the shelter as there's no schedule or structure whatsoever. He heads to the kitchen to freshen himself up and cooks himself a hearty breakfast, something that surprised Ilyia greatly.

"This person can actually cook this well..!?"

Almeric then does his dishes and heads out towards the main building, walking around the shelter and fixing things that are in need of repair, such as flickering light bulbs and creaky floorboards. He fixes everything efficiently with expertise, using only the bare minimum with whatever old tools he can find in the storeroom. Ilyia was not as surprised this time as it was expected that a soldier would be a decent handyman, but she was still impressed nonetheless.

He then heads over to the recreational area of the shelter where children can play at the playground or do sports. He looks for inconsistencies in the recreational equipment of the playground such as a missing screw or two, and fixes them immediately. Almeric then meticulously applies grease to things with moving parts and puts up safety barriers around areas where the edges of land are exposed to the sea. At this point, Ilyia was watching him with a gaping expression on her face, her mouth wide open in surprise.

"This person's surprisingly kind and looks out for the safety of the kids!!!"

She was also taken aback by how fast and agile he is despite having a makeshift hook for a left arm, something that also impressed her previously during his fight with the men threatening to hurt her with how well he could fight despite missing an arm.

"Is there anything that this person can't do well other than social interaction!?"

Almeric then heads back into the main building, and awkwardly responds to greetings from children who pass him by.

"He'd usually ignore me, so why is he so nice to these kids!?"

He would then continue to patrol around the shelter looking for problems to fix, and he would once again remove himself from spending time with the others, preferring to head into the kitchen again an hour before where everyone usually have their dinner together. He whips up a meal so mouth-watering that it reminded Ilyia that she hadn't eaten anything at all for the day, instead choosing to spend all her time carefully shadowing Almeric.

"What in the world am I exactly doing... I abandoned my post at the nurse's office today as well!! Who'll take care of the injured if there's any!?" Ilyia realizes her forgetfulness and the consequences of her actions, running her hands through her hair, disheveling it, causing her cowlick to bounce about violently.

"Hey, come out! I know you've been following me around the whole day!" Almeric calls out for Ilyia, sending her into shock.

She fumbles as she clumsily shows herself from behind a pillar, almost falling over.

"Look, I'm sorry, I can ex--"

"Save me the excuses. You're just interested in what I'm doing and want to meddle again, huh?" Almeric interrupts her.