❯❯ Deceitful Truth ❮❮

"You have to choose Jayma, Truth or Dare?" Olive stared intensely at me.

    I look around at all our friends. Then my eyes land on them, Alex. Their smile was so bright as they pushed a few strands of their brown haired bangs away from their eyes. I don't want to embarrass myself with a dare. "Truth."

    Olive's eyes sparked evilly at my answer, and I couldn't help but gulp. She was known for her evil questions under the Truth category, but I also know her dares are usually worse. I hoped I made the right decision with this. I looked down at my lap as I messed with my hands. I look back up and my gaze met Olive's.

"Who in here, do you want me to set you up with?"

My face paled and my eyes dashed around the room again. They once again landed on Alex in all their beauty. I inhaled sharply before looking at Olive. She had followed my gaze, and a huge smirk rested on her face.

"I don't want to be set up with any girl or guy in this room." A simple truth although I knew Olive knew it was simply a lie of omission. As I did want one person in this room, and I had phrased my answer to exempt them from my response.

My eyes drifted over to Alex once again who had a soft smile and finally noticed my glances. They waved shyly, and I quickly waved back. I turned my head to look at Olive who seemed to be unsatisfied with my response, but since I answered she couldn't do anything about it. I got up from my spot in the circle and made my way to sit on the bed which was the opting out of the game spot; Alex had moved here earlier.

"You guys are all at Olive's mercy once again." I smile and I hear an expanse of groans. Olive's eyes sparkled in a 'thank you' as she then went to ask the next person a question.

"Why are you over here?" The familiar soft voice of the best person here asked me.

"Because I need a break from being pressured by this game." I shrug, and sit next to them. "Is it ok if I sit here?"

"Of course!" Their smile brightened the whole room as I started to drift into my own imaginary world about them.